Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Commander
Season 6-Fleet Projects

With Fleet projects requiring specific doffs to be contributed and a lot of them white/common ones how about adding them to Starfleet Academy to purchase with Dilithium or make doff packs that can be bought off either the D-store or the Zen store with 5-10 doff's of the same type.

At present the only way to get white/common doffs is through Doff packs via the Zen store/ SFA Recruitment or Lockbox drops or Buying off the Exchange.

The problem presented with the current Doff packs is the Doff's granted are totally random. I opened 8 packs earlier and did not get a single Doff that could be used across 4 different skill areas needed to donate to my fleet.

How Cryptic/PWE can not see this as a fantastic business opportunity. Selling the exact common doffs fleets need to complete projects and getting those doffs back again as they in all reality are being recycled by the fleets. Its a win win scenario for them.

Thoughts ?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-02-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't like it, really. If they were doing that they might as well scrap doffs and sell "starbase construction materials 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5" in the c-store.

Being an avid doffer myself, and taking pride in my collection - I'm not a huge fan of being able to buy specialties on the c-store because they are the ones PWE deem it necessary to build a starbase with.

Fleets tend only to run into big problems when the leaders queue the same mission over and over again - everyone quickly runs out of sensor officers, and gravometric science officers and you run into problems. If you have a handful of people picking up the recruitment missions at ESD daily you can generally find a good assortment of required doffs, especially if you couple it with the asylum and officer exchange DOff missions.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it... And IMHO, it ain't broken!
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
I do believe that the DOff requirements for some of the projects are completely unreasonable. The fleet I'm in in particular has about 20 members but none of us have any Sensor officers left... and these are now going on the exchange for about 1 Million EC each - which is basically a complete and utter joke when they are worth more than Purple quality DOffs. It's just built an unreasonable market.

I've opened 30 DOff packs from the lockboxes over the last week and haven't received a single Sensor officer... and haven't received one either from any of the Starfleet Academy DOff missions.

At the very least Cryptic need to ensure that the drop rates for the types of Doffs required by these missions are high enough that we can actually obtain them through some sort of method... even if it is through the Zen store.

What concerns me is the recent comment by dStahl pointing to the removal of the requirement to grind Fleet Marks / Credits for level 4 & 5 starbases... what are they going to replace that with? More DOff requirements that we can't meet???

Now - obviously the bigger the fleet - the easier it is (one would at least hope) - but a 20-odd person fleet should be able to get the required stuff for these upgrades through SOME method.

(And its not like we aren't being squeezed enough with some of the dilithium costs. Yes - you can get this ingame - but all you have to do is look at the dilithium exchange which has plummeted by over 100 points in the past week or so to see that something is very wrong with the market in general after the release of these Starbases...)
Career Officer
# 4
08-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloansect31 View Post
I do believe that the DOff requirements for some of the projects are completely unreasonable.
Absolutely, completely, totally agree.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-03-2012, 12:52 AM
I like your idea, I kinda wish it could be done as an EC-sink, but that's just me.

I think the easiest thing no matter what, would just made DOFF requirements all less specific. I mean, Energy Weapons, Sensors, Gravimetric Scientists are all hit the worst, though there are probably others too.

Not reduce the number needed, just broaden the types we can give. Instead of 30 Energy Weapons, just let us give 30 tacticals. The burden would be tremendously reduced if that happened. Not 100%, but better.

Commander
# 6
08-03-2012, 02:24 AM
One of the reasons i want this is due to the complete randomness of the drop when opening a doff pack. Starbases are a resource drain and so if we are going to drain our resources, give us the means to be able to do this.

Also i seriously hope they add mark 12 consoles to the Starbase fleet store I can't tell you the amount of times i've been peeved off after running a craft from powered alien artifact with a 100% success rate 21% purple 51% blue and 28% green and having nothing but greens drop. 72% chance of anything but and green is all i get.
Also trying to get the right doff's from the Jem packs with the right traits other than resolve is a .

I don't mind dropping money on the game, hell i've dropped a shed load in the past few months but i need a beneficial return on my investment to continue putting money into the game. Such as getting the right doffs to craft consoles which again random drop rates.

Random drops suck. How about allowing us to craft the specific console. So if i want the MK 12 Purple Anti-pro mag i can request my doffs craft it and if the purple doesn't drop i can still get a green or blue. Not a green engine injector assembly that noone every uses.

So much wrong with the game that common sense could put right
Empire Veteran
# 7
08-03-2012, 02:51 AM
Agree, broken. Why? Sensor doffs.
We didn't do the same profject repeatedly, we simply haven't first the first project that demanded them in over a week and a half. No one wants to spend 1millin EC on them off the exchange either and i don't blame them.

My idea: Since Heretic said, before leaving, that Doffs are supposed to be a proxy for Dilithium, why can't we buy them for Dilithium then send them to be made into Starbaseburger like the rest?
We can!... sorta, not really.

We can already buy Doffs from the Academy Lt for Dilithium, but they get bound to you and you can't use them. Why?
If they are a proxy for Dilithium, why can't we buy the ones that cost Dilithium and use them? Because they are bound.
So, either those ones need to be unbound (not gonna happen) OR a new trait is assigned to them that will have the Starbase contribution system ignore those particular traited/bound doffs to be used for SBurgers. Allowing us to buy the Dilithium with Zen (the monetization Cryptic wants) to buy the Doffs we want with the Dilithium (what makes us happy). Include the full line of professions in Common/White quality Doffs and you will have a bunch of happy starbasers.

I call the new trait "Valueable", as in "he is a valueable crew member of the base", and make the symbol a little Dilithium crystal
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Commander
# 8
08-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Doff requirements need to be turned down, full stop.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Captain
# 9
08-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Before I saw this thread, I already posted my thoughts here:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=339461

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Commander
# 10
08-03-2012, 10:37 AM
One of the devs said they would let us grind down Green Boffs down to white ones. So that should help the problem. In the mean time folks like me who have 10 toons and farm SFA are doing just fine under this new system.