Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 11
08-03-2012, 10:49 AM
They want the requirements to be absurdly high and the method of obtaining more be from doff packs. That's what Season 6 is all about: Buy more Zen!
All cloaks should be canon.
Ensign
# 12
08-03-2012, 12:17 PM
I believe that they should do something about the doff required for fleet projects. Perhaps they should allow us to put in bridge officer candidates instead and set there value in DOFF's. Then again bridge officer candidates may be required for tier 4 and tier 5 projects.
Captain
# 13
08-03-2012, 01:48 PM
As for the Bound Doffs I put them in all the time. So you can use Bound Doffs for the Starbases. just like the Fed SB can use klingon Doffs and the Klingon SB can use Fed Doffs. The real problem I have is having the white doff but the wrong tier.

SB uses the lower tier, From what I have seen this is determined by how many traits the doff has, 1 to 3 low tier 4 and up high tier. So each category White Green Blue and Purple, has two tiers, you have the wrong tier Doff sorry you cant use that one. So even if you have 10 white Sensor officers, if you only have 1 thats the lower tier, you can only put in 1 doff.

I think this needs to be fixed, but it goes back to the doff system. I always wondered why when I was leveling DOFFs I would get to the store and be allowed to pick 1 green, but only half of the greens would allow purchase. Its the hidden tier system for the DOFFs. Now this is coming back to us in the SB construction system. Not to mention that the DOFF Store doesnt sell Whites to begin with.

just my 2 cents.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Commander
# 14
08-03-2012, 02:13 PM
As of earlier this afternoon I have basically abandoned the base system.

There is simply far too much grind required for far too little benefit.

I'll probably keep up with the vanity projects if resources allow, but unless/until the Devs get their heads out of their asses and totally overhaul the construction costs they will be all I do.
Career Officer
# 15
08-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Instead of Downgrading DOFFs, why not tweek the system to allow you to use Higher-Level DOFFs instead?

For example, the Tier 1 Transwarp Gate Project asks for 20 Astrometric Officers (and I believe Tier 2 was 60?). So instead of 20 Commons, you could use 10 Uncommons, or 5 Rare, or 1 Very Rare Astrometric DOFFs.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Empire Veteran
# 16
08-03-2012, 02:58 PM
It's not the requirements, it's bad leadership. If your fleet leader chooses the wrong assignments, it will take ages to complete. Some assignments only require dilithium and 8 or 10 doffs of one department. This isn't hard to find. Fleet leaders just need to get over their reluctancy to spend dilithium in upgrade missions.

As a doffer, I'm really opposed to your idea, I enjoy the thrill of getting a good doff with the randon system. And it's only fair that people who don't bother to understand how to play the game buy the stuff from people who know it. Actually when you buy a doff on the exchange you buy someone's knowledge about the game. It's a fair reward, it takes time and efforts to get a great roster.
Ensign
# 17
08-03-2012, 03:09 PM
So much still needs to be done with this game before it gets outta hand and players give up and go on to another game.

look at call of duty......enough said..

they stopped us having dedicated server files so they could have control to stop the hackers, EPIC FAILER IMHO.

the same will happen with this game if they dont listen to the actual players.

message to Cryptic:

listen to the people who spend zen on here or you will suffer the same fate as many games in the past.

get to greedy and you will go bust, simple.

it's about the people not you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
08-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
<snip> As a doffer, I'm really opposed to your idea, I enjoy the thrill of getting a good doff with the randon system. And it's only fair that people who don't bother to understand how to play the game buy the stuff from people who know it. Actually when you buy a doff on the exchange you buy someone's knowledge about the game. It's a fair reward, it takes time and efforts to get a great roster.
I almost never call anyone out, but please do not post accusing anyone who doesn't like the DOff requirements as they sit of "not bothering to understand how to play the game". You have no idea how long any of these posters have been playing the game and what their level of knowledge is - so statements like the bolded above just sound elitist and argumentative.

Disagree with the proposals all you like, but please consider how your post sounds to others before hitting send.

Last edited by sloansect31; 08-03-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Lieutenant
# 19
08-03-2012, 07:20 PM
One possible way is to allow us to convert our bridge officer candidates into DOFF's of are choosing but with some restrictions like science ones could only be converted into sci doff's same for the other types but all could be converted into civilion doff's. A conversion rate could be 1 purple bridge officer candidate= ~15 white doff's or 10 green doff's or 5 blue doff or 2 purple doff. And you would be able to get all of one or take a random mixture and you would have the opportunity to choose which doff's you want from a randomly selected pool.
Captain
# 20
08-06-2012, 10:10 AM
a weekend of grinding out doff packs and not ONE white sensor doff.

Pay to Win Entertainment (PWE) is trolling us.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution

Last edited by darthstormstrike; 08-06-2012 at 10:24 AM.