Lieutenant
# 1 Why [ACC]?
08-02-2012, 08:52 PM
I've read that [acc]x3 weapons are more desireable. Why is [acc] better than [crtd] or [crth]? What about [dmg]? Or a combination of modifiers?
Help me understand.
Thanks.
Commander
# 2
08-02-2012, 09:03 PM
The [Acc] modifier stands for "accuracy." The more accurate a weapon is, the more favorable it is because it hits its target more often. Damage modifiers are nice, but they don't do you much good if you don't hit the target.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Captain
# 3
08-02-2012, 09:05 PM
The Difference is ACC is how accurate the shot is. Extra damage is great but if the shot doesnt hit, then what good is the damage? ACC improves how often the shot will hit.

May the Prophets guide us in these cryptic times....
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Accuracy overcomes defense (fast targets, skills, or just passive missing). Missing is random, but can mean big losses of damage if it's on a big attack. Not only does it mitigate damage loss, but excess accuracy above the maximum chance to hit is redirected into crith and critd.
Commander
# 5
08-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Jump to the 27 minute mark in THIS BROADCAST. I don't know how much has been changed since it aired, but it's a good explanation of why accuracy is very important.

In the Show Notes, they have a DOWNLOADABLE SPREADSHEET for accuracy.

On a side note, this is the same episode where they actually start going more in-depth w/what we're seeing in Season 6, so you may want to watch it from start to finish. It's a bit impressive that they introduced the Starbases w/in the timeline they predicted.

A proud member of Sinfully Sexy. Join us.