Captain
# 21
08-04-2012, 08:03 AM
At the very least, they should sell a booster package to bring your current ship, that is not offered in a fleet model, to to be on level with the fleet models. Current Dreadnought can't compare with the Fleet Galaxy because it is less tough, out powered and not as many consoles as the Fleet Galaxy.
Captain
# 22
08-04-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
The First Cloaking Device was Romulan, that ship got destroyed.

The Second Cloaking Device was Klingon and that was on the Sao Paulo which got renamed to Defiant.

Needless to say the only reason the Federation where allowed to use a Cloaking device was an amendment to the treaty of Algernon which allowed the ship to have in first place.

Link

Cloaking was only ever part of a single Defiant.
I know why they had the cloaking device, but what does that say about the current times when Romulas is no more and the Klingons are no longer the Allies?
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
08-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Romulus is no more, but the Romulan star empire still exists and so does the Treaty of Algernon which means no cloaking devices for the Federation. I guess we'll have to ignore how bad the Gal X and Defiant-R break canon.

As for a Booster system? Already implemented. I own the MVAE the boosted Fleet version costs 20,000 Fleet Marks and 1 FSM. My Brother owns the HEC, guess what the boosted Fleet version costs 20,000 Fleet Marks and 1 FSM.

Unfortunately not every ship got a Fleet version to give it a boost.

As for a Gal-X being beaten by a Fleet Gal-R... not going to happen unless the Gal-X is a complete noob.

1 Console and a 10% bonus to shields and armour are not so ridiculously good on a ship considered to have the worst possible BOFF layout for a Cruiser as to make it a shoe in to win.

Now with two players of equal skill, I'd still give it the Gal-X, but it would be a far closer fight.

Edit: By Fleet Marks I mean Fleet Credits.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 24
08-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Don't think of it as a noob against an experienced guy. Look at it from a level playing field. I tear up alot Dreadnoughts with my Galaxy-R, some noobs but most experienced. I give them a run for thier money with the my current Galaxy-R imagine what I can do with the fleet one. I could put engineering console to out turn the Galaxy-X or I could stack resistance consoles, making it that much harder to kill me. I don't want to be run over by another like myself due to the lack in hull of my ship. A fleet Galaxy with my current Galaxy R setup would have 60000 HP with extra resistance, better shield strength, and a chance to get better turn rate(because of extra console slot). My current Galaxy Dreadnought would stand at a disadvantage againts that.

Last edited by alexindcobra; 08-04-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Captain
# 25
08-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Romulus is no more, but the Romulan star empire still exists and so does the Treaty of Algernon which means no cloaking devices for the Federation. I guess we'll have to ignore how bad the Gal X and Defiant-R break canon.

The Romulan Star Empire in STO is not the same Star Empire that the Federation had the treaty with. It is a successor state. Whether or not the treaty would still apply is something lawyers could probably argue about for centuries.

Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read
Commander
# 26
08-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
Yeah, KDF got the Vorcha. . .but that's about it for noteworthy ships, other than maybe that scourge refit and 1-2 others. The BoPs are a joke, and not worth the time and money that goes into getting them.
My Lvl 50 Klingon Tac has a Mirror Universe Vor'cha and loves it. However he also flies a Hegh'ta Hvy BOP. Sure it's squishy (all BOP's are) but it's the least squishy BOP in the game and outfitted with Lvl 50 gear it can make a very good account for itself and often has... especially in the role that BOP's fill best.

Granted the Vor'cha is his flagship... but for stealthy hunting the Hegh'ta is the best BOP choice, IMO.
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Career Officer
# 27
08-04-2012, 05:10 PM
[quote=cmdrskyfaller;5111581]I.K.S. Shinano
Named after a carrier launched before it was ready, without a working air wing and a crew of novices. Sunk on its maiden voyage. Ring a bell Cryptic? [quote]

This made me ROFL!!!
Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
Ensign
# 28 A Fleet TOS Constitution Class
08-05-2012, 12:17 AM
I think there is one Fleet Ship that players would be tripping over themselves to purchase, if they added it into the game: The TOS Constitution Cruiser. As a c-store ship it's great for a lower level players, but it quickly becomes obsolete. I know because I bought one. It served well until I outgrew it, and even then it's retro-fit phasers were carried over onto every other ship I flew.

If they were to create a fleet version of the TOS Constitution (complete with high tier weapon slots, console slots, and power levels), I'd think it would be a huge success.

Thoughts?
Captain
# 29
08-05-2012, 02:30 AM
if you look at the lance as an additional power that normaly should be a console the dreadnought has 10 consoles (like fleet ships)
hull is a little too low...should atleast be 42500 HP
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 30
08-05-2012, 02:40 AM
I was planning on getting the Fleet Defiant But due to the getting The Mu Star Cruiser and the MU Assault ship from Tholian lockboxes and also that you have to buy ship modules after grinding so much resources on your starbases I'm not going to bother as it's not worth it IMO
Closed Thread