Commander
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66465223/DS...0730083801.png

54K Damage can kill nearly every ship in the game.
Can Cryptic please tell us why it exists?

I am terrible at this game. I have 7 Lv 50 accounts.
Captain
# 2
07-30-2012, 07:11 AM
It's interesting because your example is listed as a Kinetic weapons while the previous examples of this have been Iso-something.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 3
07-30-2012, 07:11 AM
Thats nothing, that torpedo regularly crits for 150k dmg. I noticed the trend that the more i tried to be resistat to kinectic the harded it actually hit me
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Thats nothing, that torpedo regularly crits for 150k dmg. I noticed the trend that the more i tried to be resistat to kinectic the harded it actually hit me
It would be hilarious if the caluculations for resistance were messed up on the server and players were actually been made more vulnerable to damage instead of more resistant to it :-P

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
It's interesting because your example is listed as a Kinetic weapons while the previous examples of this have been Iso-something.
There is the Ninja torp which has been around for absolute ages. Then there is the Isometric charge which showed up on Negh'vars in CSE with the Season 6 update.

The Isometric Charge is easy to miss but it does show up. Cryptic just forgot to tune it appropriately for an NPC and it became far too powerful.
Captain
# 6
07-30-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post
It would be hilarious if the caluculations for resistance were messed up on the server and players were actually been made more vulnerable to damage instead of more resistant to it :-P
No it's not that case. I always had the gut feeling when it would hit, so used brace for impact, polarize hull III and aux to damp I...still got hit by 150k hit, absorbed like 100k dmg, but the rest still killed me almost twice. LOL

I meant, that the more harder you try to resist it, the more likely it will crit.

And btw, the torpedo is not actually invisible. It is just regular plasma projectile, not HYT one, so it is not targetable. Sometimes you can notice it. But it usually flies from the top of the gate, and you are usually below it, so you don't see it, because of camera.
Commander
# 7
07-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suricatta View Post
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66465223/DSG...0730092555.png
(Nanite Spheres do them too? Not a lot of damage but still...)

The Isometric Charge isn't as bad as Invisi-torps, unless you're playing CSE. In that case you should be destroying the Negh'vars anyways.

Last edited by sdkraust; 07-30-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Captain
# 8
07-30-2012, 07:47 AM
There are two occasions I have noticed these BS super-torps to pop up:

1- Your defense stat is so high for so long the game decides to cheat. Or maybe its some sort of anti-hacker code ...whatever. All I know is my ship can run at 120% defense rating with the KDF shield accuracy debuff on top... all the time (not using boff abilities or anything..just engine power and top speed setting) and it rarely gets hit (99% miss rate by npc's) and ever since I begun using that setup my ship has been killed multiple times each STF by a torpedo that hits me for nearly 250k damage.

2- The torpedo is fired from the npc and before it hits your hull (aka shields down) , you increase your resists by using boff and capt abilities. For some reason the game 'flips' the torpedo damage to increase to compensate for your sudden kinetic resist boost....

... and before the torpedo hits you, one or more of the resists buffs wears off. The NPC torpedo retains its 'compensating' damage bonus however. It hits you for insane damage.

This last part I actually tested in an elite STF that I entered and it was failed. A gaggle of borg spheres around the transformers.. I pulled one far away from its friends and let it fire torpedoes at me as I changed the resists on and off. When it fired torpedoes at me and my hull resists had been active previously the torpedo would hit for normal damage even if the torp hit after a buff or two wore off. So the 'compensating damage flip' happens at least once.

However, if I had polarize hull active and on its last seconds of duration when torpedo was fired...and I activated brace for impact + emg to dampeners before polarize wore off...and polarize wore off before the torpedo hit.. BOOM.. supertorpedo damage. Apparently the damage 'flip' that happens once compensates for the added resists but not a second time when resists drop.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Commander
# 9
07-30-2012, 08:19 AM
I just noticed this one:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66465223/DSG...0730101811.png

As I was flying away from the gateway, fired all weapons by mistake, as I entered cloak it attacked me and I lived.

But look at that Plasma damage Proc. That's doing over 1K damage just with plasma damage.
(Note, this Projectile goes faster than Evasive Maneuvers at full throttle with a BoP.)

Last edited by sdkraust; 07-30-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 10
07-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Well, you cant "Outrun" normal Torpedos, but Heavy ones. If it was already fired, it will either miss or get you, but you can't outrun the normal ones.

What bugs me is, how do you hold the ground about this, that your resist lvl "buffs" the torp.
There is also the possibility that it just crits at this moment (and borg torps crit alot of the time over 100k dmg, even if theres no resits on) and the damage listed in the log has already any resist subtractet from it.

On the other side, out of 10 HY torps fired at me, 8 miss normally, but blasting away the cube in the progress.

SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
Beta Tester
Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.