Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 764
# 1 Idea for Starbase change
08-03-2012, 04:54 AM
The things that require DOFFs, instead of the actual rarity of white, green, blue, or purple, make it a required minimum quality.

Like the ones that need white DOFFs, make it a required minimum white quality so if someone in the fleet wants to put a green in there, he/she can. Some projects are getting log jammed because it needs like 30 white DOFFs and most in the fleet who been around since DOFFs started have mostly greens they wouldn't mind getting rid of for the fleet.

And looking at the list so far on stowiki, the green and blue doffs are rarely used in the starbases if at all.
___________________

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 750
# 2
08-03-2012, 04:59 AM
Agreed. White doffs are now "rarer" than green doffs and even some blue doffs.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 764
# 3
08-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Mainly it's the provisioning ones that require specific white quality DOFFs. Not just "tactical", etc but like "energy weapons" so it's made the starbases a complete grind.
___________________

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,630
# 4
08-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Sorry, but I don't get it. There are (on the Federation side) currently 8 assignments that are always available (except when on cooldown) that reward mostly white officers. If you get all of your twinks and fleet members to do those missions you could literally populate planets with them.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 51
# 5
08-03-2012, 05:36 AM
I think the reason for this is that there was supposed to be a Doff 'ungrinder' where you could downgrade a higher quality rank for more of a lesser quality. Just like you can turn 5 whites into a green, you would also be able to turn a green into 3 whites. However, for some reason this has not ACTUALLY been implemented yet as far as I can tell, and they have gotten quiet about it. So who knows.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 764
# 6
08-03-2012, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Sorry, but I don't get it. There are (on the Federation side) currently 8 assignments that are always available (except when on cooldown) that reward mostly white officers. If you get all of your twinks and fleet members to do those missions you could literally populate planets with them.
Please I hope you aren't referring to the ones that don't guarantee what specific type of DOFF you get. Those keep giving the wrong type not needed for the provisioning upgrades.
___________________

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 764
# 7
08-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captallendale View Post
I think the reason for this is that there was supposed to be a Doff 'ungrinder' where you could downgrade a higher quality rank for more of a lesser quality. Just like you can turn 5 whites into a green, you would also be able to turn a green into 3 whites. However, for some reason this has not ACTUALLY been implemented yet as far as I can tell, and they have gotten quiet about it. So who knows.
I haven't seen such a thing as well. It would have been nice to have.
___________________

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,630
# 8
08-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
Please I hope you aren't referring to the ones that don't guarantee what specific type of DOFF you get. Those keep giving the wrong type not needed for the provisioning upgrades.
Except special chain missions or those with crit rewards none guarantee what kind of doff you will get, so yes I'm referring to the normal ones at Starfleet Academy. It should simply be a matter of numbers. The more often you do those missions the bigger the chance that the doffs you'll need will appear. For a time I had all my twinks stand in SFA to mass-produce whites to convert them into greens, blues and purples. If I would need some for my starbase I would do that again.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 764
# 9
08-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Except special chain missions or those with crit rewards none guarantee what kind of doff you will get, so yes I'm referring to the normal ones at Starfleet Academy. It should simply be a matter of numbers. The more often you do those missions the bigger the chance that the doffs you'll need will appear. For a time I had all my twinks stand in SFA to mass-produce whites to convert them into greens, blues and purples. If I would need some for my starbase I would do that again.
Already doing that and after a week of doing those, not a single white that's needed for a provisioning project. So must the fleet do this for a year before Cryptic considers it a problem?

And I see there was another thread now that also hit on this problem. So I'm not the only one seeing the problem.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=339121
___________________

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution

Last edited by darthstormstrike; 08-03-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 PM.