Starfleet Veteran
Does the "-x damage to all shields" proc for Tetryon ship weapons receive any bonus from Flow Capacitors? I thought it did, but after increasing Flow Capacitors to 9 I don't see any bonus to the proc in the item description.
Click here to watch me open 300 Undine lockboxes!
Captain
# 2
08-03-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiyama317 View Post
Does the "-x damage to all shields" proc for Tetryon ship weapons receive any bonus from Flow Capacitors? I thought it did, but after increasing Flow Capacitors to 9 I don't see any bonus to the proc in the item description.
AFAIK, Flow Capacitors is more for Polaron (and other drain powers).

Tetryon isn't a drain, it's a "damage versus shields."

Last edited by beezle23; 08-03-2012 at 05:30 AM.
Rihannsu
# 3
08-03-2012, 05:32 AM
item descriptions are a bit buggy atm, but yes it does as I have mine maxed on my jemmy, with mk 12 omega shield and mk 12 Omega engies, for tetyron glider.

I notice its up to about 30% proc with the flow caps maxed.
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Career Officer
# 4
08-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Wonder if they have an effect on the new phased Tetryon weapons...?

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Flow Capacitors affects the Polaron, Tetryon and Phased Tetryon's procs. However, you need to be in space, in your ship, to see the actual effect. Try equipping and removing a Flow Capacitors console in Sol System space and then check your weapon tooltips (the ones on your action bars) and you'll see the difference.
Captain
# 6
08-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibash View Post
Flow Capacitors affects the Polaron, Tetryon and Phased Tetryon's procs. However, you need to be in space, in your ship, to see the actual effect. Try equipping and removing a Flow Capacitors console in Sol System space and then check your weapon tooltips (the ones on your action bars) and you'll see the difference.
These procs, at least on paper look very impressive on the ship weapons display especially coupled to 2x/3x Omega set.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-10-2012, 03:24 AM
From personal experience I can tell you that yes, they are quite good at taking down shields. There's good synergy between the Omega 2p bonus and tetryon weapons, as they're both boosted by flow capacitors. If you'd really wanted to get the most out of your flow capacitors though, you should consider the polaron hybrids from the Jem'Hadar mission.
Captain
# 8
08-10-2012, 03:31 AM
Lots of fleetmates have pink beams FAWing everywhere and it's comical.

I didn't want to grind for all 8 of them so I run a MUAC with 3 mk 12 acc x3 lolaron cannons and 3 lolaron beams and it's decent.

No one buys the Mk 12 X3s so they were bargain basement sale prices a few weeks back. The pink quality fuchsia cannons were priced like Mk11s
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel