Commander
# 11
07-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Something to watch for with a lot of the surveys, most of them have a qualifying section to see if you're in the right demographic for the survey. I've found a few of those qualifying sections are pretty big - you can sink 5-10 minutes into one only to be spit back out with 0 point.
Yep.. it's kind of rediculous you're not told you're taking a survey to find out if you're qualifying for a survey.
Career Officer
# 12
07-11-2012, 09:53 AM
These are just terrible wastes of time. I get disqualified from almost every survey because I'm a 30 year old white male, married, but with no kids.

Apparently my opinion is never wanted under any circumstances from the PWE offers.
Career Officer
# 13
07-11-2012, 10:09 AM
You all realize you can take surveys for real money and use that to buy zen. In my city, surveys pay around $75 - $200 a pop, but you usually have to go into the place of business to take them. I've found (in the US anyways) they are available in great abundance.

Certainly less hassle than the Zen advertisements and pay is guaranteed, sometimes even in advance.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Ensign
# 14 Zen Offers, A Joke!!
07-11-2012, 12:55 PM
I am also someone who takes up offers in the chance that I actually get Zen for doing so, only to fight with the support teams who want photo proof of a transaction taking place and saying if you prove that this happened then in 48 hours you will receive your Zen, yeah whatever.

This is just a huge joke and something needs sorting about it, there are people out there who refuse to use a credit card due to fear of fraud, who take this option up and begin to thank god they didn't use their credit cards after all!
Lieutenant
# 15
07-11-2012, 02:13 PM
The free offers do pay. I have learned how ever that with the officers that on the first page get rid of the peanut labs offer telling you what to do for how much zen that those ones never pay. And sometimes it takes several days to get paid. Basically only do the offers that don't erase the peanut labs bar.
Career Officer
# 16
07-11-2012, 02:18 PM
I've actually earned about 350 yen doing the Peanut Surveys over the last two weeks...

All while not giving out my Email or any real pertinent info.

It's not much, but for a few minutes time it's worth it.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Wow, never even gotten one survey despite being signed up and checking everyday...
Empire Veteran
# 18
07-11-2012, 04:28 PM
These survey scams are as old as the moon. Ever go to those "get paid to take survey" sites? you spend 10 minutes and answer about 90% of the questions to find out you "Don't Qualify for the Demographic" right, because they already got all they needed from you....

That said, I DO occassionally do them when I am bored, or while waiting for patches, or drinking beer, or whatever when I'm not up to something. Today for instance, while waiting for my 3gb prepatch, I did some healthcare survey and netted like 175 zen, so yeah, occassionally you do get lucky.
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
Ensign
# 19
07-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Begining to think i am the only one that actaully earn free ZEN
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
07-11-2012, 08:39 PM
i like the wee surveys cant recall how much in total ive got but ive got a few doff packs without spending a penny so cant complane

Last edited by maddog0000doom; 07-11-2012 at 08:46 PM.