Captain
# 1 Utopia Planitia Crash
08-03-2012, 08:24 AM
i tried creating a Utopia plantia map. When I clicked the Create Map Button The entire editor and game crashed to the desktop.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Do you have on-demand patching turned on? If so try creating the map again. We were getting this bug on tribble where it would crash if you hadn't downloaded the map before. It would be a little disappointing if this bug hadn't been squashed, considering that it was reported months ago.

If you had on-demand patching disabled, then it would be a new problem.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 3
08-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Yea its enabled. I patch everytime I even try to preview a map. So are you saying turn it off till I get the map created?

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-03-2012, 12:06 PM
It should be fine regardless after that first crash. The problem is with the first time it tries to download (or that's what I think it is, keep in mind I'm not a dev). But yeah you might consider disabling on-demand patching, otherwise you might get this same crash with some of the other maps.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Ensign
# 5
08-04-2012, 03:16 AM
I have tested this response and it is true. That is the cause of the problem. I created the map fine after the first crash. Thank you for your help

Cryptic User Since October 24, 2011 | Former Gold Member, Silver For Life