Career Officer
# 1 Missing Martok
08-10-2012, 10:47 PM
http://youtu.be/1JqFG_7wRKM

Scenes like this. Losing Martok offscreen is one of my biggest qualms with STO.

Funny thing is, they seem to be able to use any Klingon they want, given how likeness permissions worked.

I'd love Hertzer to come back and play him but, frankly, I would squeal like a little girl even if we found him secretly alive in a Gulag somewhere, even unvoiced.

Martok rocks!
Captain
# 2
08-11-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
http://youtu.be/1JqFG_7wRKM

Scenes like this. Losing Martok offscreen is one of my biggest qualms with STO.

Funny thing is, they seem to be able to use any Klingon they want, given how likeness permissions worked.

I'd love Hertzer to come back and play him but, frankly, I would squeal like a little girl even if we found him secretly alive in a Gulag somewhere, even unvoiced.

Martok rocks!
I was planing a foundry mission where it's reviled that the Martok killed was a 8472 infiltrator, that Martok lured there to be killed. I couldn't work out whether I could create a character who looked like Martok, though.
Delta Rising is the best ex... oh sod it, I just want my Jupiter and Typhoon

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it!
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Didnt J'mpok kill him ?
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Republic Veteran
# 4
08-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Martok was a bit of an old fart for a Klingon when he was on DS9. I'd think he'd welcome death at some point within the last 40 years.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 5
08-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
I was planing a foundry mission where it's reviled that the Martok killed was a 8472 infiltrator, that Martok lured there to be killed. I couldn't work out whether I could create a character who looked like Martok, though.
I like this idea.

Personally, though, I was going with the idea that:

J'mpok actually lost to Martok in the duel. His supporters seized Martok and took him down (dishonorably) Julius Caesar style and then used the same cloning facility used to clone Kahless to clone J'mpok and install him as Chancellor.

That would give Martok a KILLER send off and thrust the KDF into all kinds of fun crises. The player discovers J'mpok isn't legitimate but can't act on the knowledge because the chaos that would result would be too costly.

That's pretty consistent with how DS9 and TNG episodes centered around Klingons tended to have frustrating/challenging endings.

Plus, we'd at least get a cutscene of Martok taking on 50 dishonorable traitors as he goes down. And we'd finally have the incentive to take on J'mpok and advance the story, which is where the devs seem to have been going with J'mpok all along.

We know J'mpok is a crooked cad. We know Starfleet's top brass have Undine replacements. We need missions where we get to ACT on it.
Captain
# 6
08-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Martok was a bit of an old fart for a Klingon when he was on DS9. I'd think he'd welcome death at some point within the last 40 years.
Klingons live a long time. If he joined the KDF in the 2330s or 40s, then he was born in maybe 2310 or so? He'd only be 100 now, and Klingons have long lifespans. The 3 Dahar Masters were still kicking butt at like 150+. Martok would be middle-aged, but not on Klingon Social Security just yet.