Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 565
# 1 Boldly they rode.
08-03-2012, 01:10 PM
This mission is slightly changed as it seems. In the old version you could send mines into the turbo lift. This blew up a couple of guys. When you went up yourself you spawned in the office and could ambush Karu Kan from there. This fight was easy to manage.

As it is now you spawn right in his arms and have to fight him and that demo guy. There is no first strike and the demo guy blows you up with his mines. I haven't won this fight a single time. It is not a bug but well game design isn't it either. I think the player should spawn on the turbolift platform.

The final space battle seems to be nerved. I always got a lot of focus when my ship spawned in the middle of the battle. It also didn't help that the game took over control with the cut scene. My favourite tactic always was to take agro from a couple of ships and fly off in a big circle back to the station, bringing them in piece by piece. You should have seen the feds and KDF burn through the diverted escaders.

But all this fancy doing isn't necessary anymore. I have fought the battle twice (on Normal) and I could just shoot things up.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 65
# 2
08-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I noticed those issues as well when I was replaying it with a friend. Also, Kurland here, this is Kurland.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 281
# 3
08-03-2012, 03:00 PM
You did pick up the explosives, right?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,652
# 4
08-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
You did pick up the explosives, right?
Yeah, I've played less than a week ago on my Science character, picked up the explosives, and when the soldiers opened the turbolift... boom

You may have simply forgotten to pick them up.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 565
# 5
08-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Yeah, I've played less than a week ago on my Science character, picked up the explosives, and when the soldiers opened the turbolift... boom

You may have simply forgotten to pick them up.
It is not about the explosives. That just works fine. After that, when you go up yourself with the turbo lift, you spawn in the office room. That was also the case in the old version, but Kar'Ukan was in the middle of the operations centre, now he is also in the office room. You spawn litteraly on his lip. The old fight wasn't easy either because of the demo guy, but it is now nearly impossible.

BTW. At the end of the scene, where Kar'Ukan warns his guards to watch the lift, you see him running into the office. That is also new; I never have seen it before.

I have played this missions alot, since I have a couple of alts and I want to fit them out with the Jem'Haddar set.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 537
# 6
08-04-2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
It is not about the explosives. That just works fine. After that, when you go up yourself with the turbo lift, you spawn in the office room. That was also the case in the old version, but Kar'Ukan was in the middle of the operations centre, now he is also in the office room. You spawn litteraly on his lip. The old fight wasn't easy either because of the demo guy, but it is now nearly impossible.

BTW. At the end of the scene, where Kar'Ukan warns his guards to watch the lift, you see him running into the office. That is also new; I never have seen it before.

I have played this missions alot, since I have a couple of alts and I want to fit them out with the Jem'Haddar set.
This was pointed out in the July 12th (Season 6) release notes.

Quote:
  • Tweaked position of Kar'ukan in "Boldly They Rode" Ops area and made him more aggressive about pursuing players after they respawn.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 565
# 7
08-04-2012, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
This was pointed out in the July 12th (Season 6) release notes.

Then my question is, why doesn't the player spawn in the turbolift, after all that is the most logical place given the fact that you go up with the turbolift.

The problem now is that you have to fight two NPC's and one can be regarded as a mini boss. I think a mission should be played without deing on normal level and on a first time.

I can also say that it is not a big deal, you cannot kill Kar'Ukan, you have to fight him in space. He can kill you, but you can continue the fight after the respawn button an a much easier basis. Still, I think the mission isn't well designed as it goes now.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 537
# 8
08-04-2012, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
Still, I think the mission isn't well designed as it goes now.
No dispute or disagreement there.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 66
# 9
08-06-2012, 05:41 AM
I had this problem as well the other day. It was the first time I'd played the mission in months, and I was doing it with my KDF character. I ALMOST managed to beat him and the demo guy straight up without dying, even though I was VERY surprised when I popped at the turbolift rather than in the office.

I actually DID drive Kara'Kan off and defeat the demoman, but it was a mutual kill, I shot away his last HP just as the grenade he'd thrown went off just a little too close to me (I'd -tried- to dive out of the way, but got hung on a table or something.) And I had no shields left and half health.

So yeah - ouch. Re-spawned to the empty command center and then beamed up to my ship. I did something wrong there as well and died once, but I think it was just me not keeping track of shield facings in the furball.

I do want to say - I LOVE everything that happens up to the Command Center fight.

I've done this set of missions twice, once with a Fed Captain, once with KDF. But both of them were Tactical. I have one Science Cap I'm about ready to do this with, and I'm looking forward to seeing how differently it plays.

One piece of advice - if you're a Tactical Captain.

If you can, get yourself the Tactical Kit "Operative". That's the one with the personal cloak. Use personal cloak/invisibility and it'll make your life a LOT easier during the promenade section. Just be warned, using lifts and access panels will drop the cloak. So you'll have to fight any Jem-Hadar close by. But it definitely cuts down on random fights on the way. I like having the tactical advantage of being able to pick and choose which fights I want to get into.

(Heh. Nothing like the adrenaline spike that occurs when you "bump" into a Jem-Hadar who is also cloaked. "ACK! Did he see me? He didn't see me.... WHEW...")

TF2 SPY: "It seems I am not the only spy around!" )
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 93
# 10
08-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
Then my question is, why doesn't the player spawn in the turbolift, after all that is the most logical place given the fact that you go up with the turbolift.
You crawl through a jefferies tube to the office, and trigger the turbolift remotely. At least that's how I always imagined it.
Haters hate what they can't do - which is everything outside of hatin' - Kevin Smith
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:22 PM.