Career Officer
# 11
08-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Bought the Ops Odyssey, its a nice ship, but I wont be buying the others.

The only reason I bought this one was because I wanted a good tank that could maneuver for the fleet missions.
Maybe one day you might make the Gal-R relevant again, one day...
Captain
# 12
08-03-2012, 08:46 PM
This was nothing more than a shameless attempt at advertisement.
Captain
# 13
08-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by podsix View Post
The only thing that even remotely interests me is the workbee console, but I am certainly not paying 50$ for it.
Were it possible, I'd buy the pack, keep the Eng and Tac versions, and trade you the Sci console. Alas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
This was nothing more than a shameless attempt at advertisement.
Yes! Yes, it was.
Captain
# 14
08-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogmahone70 View Post
Lower the price and I might buy one.
Ditto.

If the flagships are being featured, make it a feature SALE. Drop the price on the three pack to 4k for a week.

Watch sales climb.
Career Officer
# 15
08-04-2012, 12:09 AM
The statement to the Falgships is totally untrue. The Odyssey is good, but the KDF once again got the short end of the stick. The Bortas has by now way the same capabilities as the Federation Odyssey, it is less powerfull in many ways.

If had known how weak the Bortas is compared to thge Odyssey I would have never bought the Bundle.
Career Officer
# 16
08-04-2012, 12:24 AM
...so we do olds now instead of news? hmm whatever *shrug*

I bought the Bortas'qu on the last 20% sale, saved 800 C-Points (translates to 1000 Zen).

payed through the dilithium exchange.

i'm proud of it because i EARNED it, and did not just fork over $

Love the Ship ( would love it more if i could have the cool look of turrets with the effectiveness of beams on a Cruiser, going all turrets gimps your DPS... but it looks soooo awesome ;P )

I did NOT buy the Oddysey and don't intend to (you sold to many of those already, every map has at least 5 of them, they all look the same and they are EVERYWHERE, at least do my eyes a favor and release some very much needed Kitbashing options for them, at the pricing they come at they should have come with 3 entirely different looks to begin with anyway).
Career Officer
# 17
08-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
payed through the dilithium exchange.

i'm proud of it because i EARNED it, and did not just fork over $
How is this different from my working and paying cash for something?
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
08-04-2012, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
I did NOT buy the Oddysey and don't intend to (you sold to many of those already, every map has at least 5 of them, they all look the same and they are EVERYWHERE, at least do my eyes a favor and release some very much needed Kitbashing options for them, at the pricing they come at they should have come with 3 entirely different looks to begin with anyway).
Exactly. I absolutely HATE the fact that none of the new ships come with any kitbashing options like the old ones did. At best you can change some colors and maybe the design on them, but they need the ability to appear STRUCTURALLY different (though still recognizable). It just seems that they are so busy getting the Next Cash Grab started that they don't want to put more effort than is necessary into them, meaning no customization options. If Cryptic intends to start rehashing old stuff and passing it off as new then they really do need to update these things.

And don't even get me started on taking away customization options that were like 300 C-Points for Account unlocks and putting them under 2000 Zen single character unlocks

Last edited by switchngc; 08-04-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Captain
# 19
08-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephkerr View Post
This counts as news?

I don't get it...
Its called advertising. Websites are primarily used for promoting a company's products and services. Even though it may not look like a big deal, some new visitors may find the article to be informative. Articles such as "The Flagships", "Dilithium 101", and "State of the Game" are not meant for veteran players. Cryptic's primary focus has now shifted to new and potential consumers. Nothing wrong with trying to boost revenue.

If I am reading between the lines correctly, the past few weeks may have been rough. As a result of introducing the fleet store and ships, Perfect World may have accidentally broken the c-store. Instead of people burning 2,500 zen on a c-store ship, they may be holding back to save 500 to 1,500 zen. You can now buy a superior ship at a discounted price. If you already own a c-store ship, you can buy its fleet store counterpart for 75% off. Why spend 2,500 zen on another c-store ship? You can just buy another one for 500 zen.

I am only speculating.

Last edited by linyive; 08-04-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Captain
# 20
08-04-2012, 02:04 AM
If this is some kind of promo of these ships why not put them on sale for awhile too? They would fly out of here at 2000 zen each or 4000 for the 3 pack.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions