Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Veteran Officer?
08-26-2012, 11:15 AM
So, I was just checking in for my new Caitian and human BOFFs for my starship. First purchases from Elsa. I look at Special Officers, and I see Veteran human. I thought they'd be good for my ship. The problem is the lack of requisition.

Any idea on how to get these? Are they supposed to be part of Veteran Rewards?
Lieutenant
# 2
08-26-2012, 12:10 PM
The Veteran BOFFs were a consolation gift during the conversion of multiple in-game currencies to Dilithium back in December. Players whose accrued Marks, Badges, and Emblems would convert to a large enough sum of dilithium had their returns diminished to prevent insane amounts of dilithium from immediately inflating the economy.

These players were rewarded with a Veteran BOFF and five recipts for free holiday gift boxes during the winter event. I do believe we have Borticus to thank for going to bat for the players who would be affected by the "dilithium tax".

The EP at the time (Steve D'Angelo), made mention that the Veteran BOFFs would eventually find their way into the C-Store, but haven't shown up since. They remain a unique BOFF for those players who recieved the requisitions for them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I suppose since Cryptic thought 400 C-Points would insult the long-time players who lost so much in the conversion. Perfect World would think 500 ZEN is fine, though.