Ensign
I got a Xindi doff, Muaza Amman'sor, and I didn't need it, so I went on the exchange to try and figure out how much it is worth. Problem was that none were for sale. The other Xindi doffs were going for over 87mil EC and I found a forum post of someone selling theirs for 150 mil EC.

I didn't want to overprice it, nor did I want to undercharge. I decided that a little lower than the other Xindi doffs, thus 80mil EC. Then I went to Earth Spacedock and DS9 and asked for a price check. All I got were joke answers like "price check on isle 3" or "check the exchange". Is this normal? Where do you get a price check on an item not being sold on the exchange? Is 80mil EC too much or not enough?
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-03-2012, 07:58 PM
The exchange is a little wonky atm, I believe ole Muaza is is an Energy Weapons Officer, right?

What you wanna do, is type in his/her/its name exactly as you see it, and scroll down to 'Duty Officers - Energy Weapons Officer', and set the rarity to Very Rare. Should pop right up.

Ensign
# 3
08-03-2012, 09:02 PM
When I set it to very rare, and type in the name perfectly, I can 2 hits, mine and someone else who is undercutting me by a tiny amount.

Still, that leaves me wondering if the price is accurate.
Career Officer
# 4
08-03-2012, 10:02 PM
80 mil isn't that wrong... Here's what you need to consider:

Xindi Officers are extremely rare. As such the demand is significantly higher than then supply.

80 mil may sound like alot, but it really isn't. The most common Mk XII Very Rare consoles go for 5 mil, and you pretty much build those for free, so you can get alot of EC very fast. Basically inflation: The money is worth less than their appearent value.

So I'd say you have the right attitude... Sell for a little less than everyone else, and you are good.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Ensign
# 5
08-03-2012, 10:12 PM
I've been saving up some EC for a few days, selling contraband, random very rare doffs and powered alien artifacts. I'm up to 40mil, so I know it isn't hard to get the 80mil EC that I'm asking. Bought my D'kora a month ago for 67 mil.

But all that is buying and selling things I see on the exchange regularly. I was just surprised that no one in in-game chat was willing to help with the price check.

I'll know in a few days if I'm overcharging, but as you point out, there are so few on the market, that I think they'll just have to pay my price, or offer something reasonable. (like a recluse carrier, lol)
Commander
# 6
08-04-2012, 03:48 PM
There aren't a lot of people who buy those DOffs, but the supply of them is also extremely small. Your price sounds about what I'd expect if not a bit low, but it may take a while to sell despite that.

Also check the price on Halor Kurlam - she's another DOff with the same power that came out of the Gamma Quadrant packs.
Lieutenant
# 7
08-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I bought a second Muaza about a week ago for 84mil... so you're around the right price

Would buy yours, but need to build up my credits again... would be broke if I bought it now
Captain
# 8
08-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Instead of typing the item name exactly, you can simply drag it into the search box in the Buy screen.

Works for me every time I want to do a market price check.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 9
08-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Instead of typing the item name exactly, you can simply drag it into the search box in the Buy screen.

Thanks sumghai! Learn something new everyday.
I used to have f/x, till my video card took a S9 to the knee...
Ensign
# 10
08-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post

For crying out loud why didn't I know this... Thanks for the help.

BTW, it sold for 79 mil EC in a few hours. Bought my friend an orb weaver, and now I'm at 60 mil so that I can get myself a carrier. Only a few more million EC to go