Ensign
# 1 I am returning years later.
08-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Hello I was here for launch for star trek online and rose to admiral and eventually got bored. Now I saw it is free to play and thought I might see how he game has come along. While I wait the hour and a half to patch I thought I would ask if there is any advise or fetures I must check out.
Captain
# 2
08-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Welcome back!

I would suggest you start a new character. That way you can play the new Tutorial and learn about many of the changes from that. It'll also give you a chance to play through new and changed content as you level.

Try out a lot of the different options, like Shooter Mode and the Difficulty Slider. That way you can see what you like. Remember to do Missions that earn you Dilithium as you level your character - as Dilithium can be Exchanged for Zen and used in the C-Store.

Try the Foundry. There's some incredibly good Missions in there, and Cryptic has a weekly Foundry Spotlight Mission that can help get you started.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Ensign
# 3
08-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Ya I couldnt recover my old account but I was looking to try a new tutorial anyway the original tutorial was accually wuit entertaining. Did they ever add more of YOUR ship to explore then just the bridge.
Captain
# 4
08-12-2012, 11:04 AM
You can read about what's new in Ship Interiors here: http://www.stowiki.org/Ship_Interior
Captain
# 5
08-12-2012, 11:06 AM
actually, you might want to recover your old account. if it was gold, it has the gold privilages, at least some of them. bigger bank account, inventory, account bank etc. the F2P versions of these are just fine, but you wont feel them as confortable as the gold ones
Captain
# 6
08-12-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
actually, you might want to recover your old account. if it was gold, it has the gold privilages, at least some of them. bigger bank account, inventory, account bank etc. the F2P versions of these are just fine, but you wont feel them as confortable as the gold ones
I agree here. If you're still using the same email address and have the old account name and password I'd try to Link your old account to the new PW forum account.
Ensign
# 7
08-12-2012, 01:03 PM
no I just payed monthly. What is got me stumped is currency. now zen is real world money like microsoft points on xbox but last I played we only had energy credits. What is with dilitium
Captain
# 8
08-12-2012, 01:10 PM
The game used to have several currencies: ECs, Marks, Emblems, etc. Most of them were grinding currencies: earn so many Marks to buy Purple gear, etc. Most of these things were replaces with Dilithium. You can read about Dilithium here: http://www.stowiki.org/Dilithium

The one advantage to Dilithium is that you can sell it to other people in the Dilithium Exchange for Zen - Zen has replaced Cryptic Points: which was like MPs on XboX.
Captain
# 9
08-12-2012, 01:12 PM
if you were gold, you still have lots of gold functions (if you payed monthly -which you did, since you played before F2P- you will get these), like bigger bank slots. I would get that account, and start a new character there. this way, even if you dont have bigger bank on the new character, the other old character of yours can serve as a bank (since it has the bigger bank, and inventory, and it is easy to transfer with account bank)
Career Officer
# 10
08-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick5041 View Post
no I just payed monthly. What is got me stumped is currency. now zen is real world money like microsoft points on xbox but last I played we only had energy credits. What is with dilitium
Its still worth while to recover your old 'Cryptic' account, as many of the 'Gold' perks also apply to former 'Gold' accounts....

There was a security 'incident' late last year that forced all of the older account passwords to be 'reset'. If your registered contact Email hasn't changed, it would be a simple matter to go to the Cryptic support website and go through the password recovery process...

http://support.crypticstudios.com/

After that, you can merge the old account with your current PWE account and enjoy all the 'former Gold' perks...