Captain
# 11
08-04-2012, 07:22 AM
It really has gotten to the point of ridiculous when some of our requests are:

Can you please texture a primitive so that I can have some carpet???

One year later: NOTHING.

I'm sure it must take some additional work to get an asset into the Foundry, but considering that Mapolis added like 1000 assets in one month..

Can you please texture a primitive so that I can have some carpet???

I don't care if you use a freebie texture from share CG. I just need a carpet...

Hello, is anyone out there?
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
08-04-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm going to have to disagree with you guys. I think its a good update. It has new maps, some of which we have been asking for (Bajor, new ESD). It has some new props, including some we've been asking for (Torpedo). We can selected and move multiple objects. I find the new way the objects look on the map to be better.

Yeah, it ain't the everything and the kitchen sink update. But did you really expect that? I didn't. So I'm not disappointed.

There's plenty of things I'd like to see, a lot of which you guys have mentioned. By all means keep requesting stuff, but I think by now they know what we want. Whatever is preventing them from giving it to us is beyond our control. So I'm just saying manage your expectations.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 13
08-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Here here.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-04-2012, 02:34 PM
they took out the mirror ships I was using for a mission... now im stuck with only battleships.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
08-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, I totally am grateful for the things they DID add, but it isn't "wrong" for some of us to say we wish that certain things were added and voice some disappointment.

It doesn't put us in the category of typical trolls complaining about everything just to voice a negative opinion.

I am one of the biggest cryptic fanboys in STO TBH but as a Foundry author I find myself sometimes frustrated by strange things we "should" have that are not there. I am a work around kinda guy, but little things like lack of all the costumes after this long gets annoying.

That being said, I am very happy Foundry has some attention once again, I wouldn't have made 12 missions with not one but THREE more missions I made back to back sitting in editor waiting for the final touches before publishing them.

Quote:
they took out the mirror ships I was using for a mission... now im stuck with only battleships.
Do what I did for my 2 mirror missions- customize ships with purple decals and colors, it works.
Captain
# 16
08-04-2012, 11:59 PM
I feel the need to be a bit more indignant about this. This patch was touted as a massive revamp of the foundry--not even close. We got a few lame new assets and a couple of maps which we had to wait and extra 2+ weeks on. Almost nothing we have been asking for (almost all of it very easy things to add) was even considered. It really looks to me like they just don't care about the foundry at all.

Last edited by ajstoner; 08-05-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 17
08-05-2012, 02:31 PM
And still no Starfleet Academy map either. Now, I was prepared to develop Part V of my series with or without the big epic battle on the Academy grounds that I was hoping for, but still...
Captain
# 18
08-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Stahl said that this would be an under the hood update. That how "major" it would appear to us being based on our personal look at what was being implemented. In truth we are the ones who said if it was, or wasn't, going to be huge. I'm perhaps guiltier than most for that, but then again I still think this is huge.

As far as feedback being ignored though... come on. Look at how this patch was implemented, then the one for S5 and then the one for S4. I admit, sometimes what we want doesn't get implemented when we want, or... slips through the cracks (yeah, I'm still looking at the invulnerable contacts) but ignored? Saying that goes too far IMO.
Lieutenant
# 19
08-08-2012, 12:37 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 08-08-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Rihannsu
# 20
08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 08-08-2012 at 02:01 PM.