Ensign
# 11
08-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Definatley yes!

I've got a mission cooking with mirror universe characters and a starfleet academy student. None of which currently meshes with the in-universe expectations of the game.

I'm stuck with either making up my own uniforms that look far out of place with other in game uniforms or picking a standard character from the options given (Which is pretty distasteful to my mind)

It is a small annoyance, granted but it really gets to my crazy OCD uniform mind.

I'd also love to be able to set the appearance of ships' gear (Eg. Borg Set, Aegis Set, etc) To reflect story aspects. (Eg. Oh no! The borg have assimilated the U.S.S. Nonconformist)

@Tohrias
Career Officer
# 12
08-07-2012, 06:20 PM
In a similar vein, we really should have separate editors for characters and clothing, so that we can make standard uniform styles to use with multiple characters (including NPC groups). For example I have a MACO combat-fatigue design in mind that I'd like to skin onto Federation NPC groups (whose appearances, apart from the unis, seem to be randomly generated), but as it is, to do that I'd have to create multiple unique whole character costumes, and even then I'd end up with sets of identical-looking MACOs if I ever wanted to use more than one of those NPC groups on a map, because I'd be using the same few whole-character costumes over and over again. Talk about "Clone Wars"...

Last edited by paxfederatica; 08-07-2012 at 06:35 PM.