Career Officer
First up I just wanted to say how great the new lockboxes have been overall. Lots of new items that really add to the game ranging from vanity pets to fancy clothing. I was thinking that future lockboxes would be a great way to introduce more party themed items into the game. We already have party poppers from anniversary events which add a festive feel to social gatherings. So how about social use "deployable" items? They could probably draw from existing art assets in game too. I was thinking along the lines of this:

A holographically projected disco ball that rotates and projects light beams in a large sphere.

Some sort of party fog machine that emits fire extinguisher-style smoke, ideally colored in different lights too. It could even flash!

A deployable music item that plays the song from the nightclub on Earth Spacedock.

Portable fog generators akin to fire extinguishers that come in a variety of colors. Imagine being able to generate pink or yellow fog next to someone making fireworks!

Any other suggestions?
Captain
# 2
08-04-2012, 07:26 AM
As long as there is a feature to kill all sounds and visuals related to them, I am cool...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 3
08-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Sure as long as they only work on YOUR starbase. I could go for it.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-04-2012, 12:02 PM
How about a Special Project for it? 200,000 Dilithium, 1,500 Entertainment Provisions, for lighting, floor, turntables, etc., and 50 Seismic Stabilizers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I like it a lot, it shouldn't flash though, that has negative effects on some people. Otherwise gold.
Captain
# 6
08-05-2012, 09:39 AM
This is really @#$$ idea. Social items are an annoyance - period.
Captain
# 7
08-05-2012, 09:42 AM
I am in favor of this on condition that they write coding that limits the use of such devices to designated party areas.

They are fun toys when used in the right context. When they are spammed in the middle of a hall or around the exchange on ESD, the are just annoying.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
08-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Crew lounge of your own ship

Club 47

Bar area of your OWN starbase

no where else
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-05-2012, 11:01 AM
The newest STO social item is here. Use that and a whole world of social options opens itself to you. Enjoy.
Career Officer
# 10
08-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardat View Post
Any other suggestions?
Unless their use is SEVERELY limited (in place/amount of use), well beyond the (absolutely no) limitations that exist now on such items then my suggestion is to never do this ever, and that no more "social items" be added to the game at any period in time for any reason.

We have "goon squads" specifically devoted to griefing people with these devices and they do not need more ammunition. Since Cryptic hasn't been able to deal with the problem players, nor problem devices that exist then the least they can do is not make things worse.