Ensign
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3
# 1 So these Lockboxes...
09-20-2012, 01:38 AM
I have about $200 that i was gonna spend on STO but then i realized something. Instead of buying these keys i could play the real Mega Millions lotto. The odds that i win that are probably better or maybe buy 40 $5 scratch offs.... Seems like i could win more than 200 then spend that 200 on STO... Thoughts
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,657
# 2
09-20-2012, 02:04 AM
of course you could. thats is kind of the point of gambling.

playing the lotto is spending cash to possibly win more cash (with the chance to win nothing at all).

opening lockboxes is spending cash to win very specific prizes in STO that are random. you do always get something. if you want to spend your $200 on lotto then by all means but it wont get you the lockbox ships which is what i expect you are after.

the easiest thing is to just spend the money on keys and sell the keys for EC and then buy the ship outright.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 215
# 3
09-20-2012, 02:36 AM
actually im starting to feel exploted and my love for the star trek franchise not just this game is starting to decline , if we where seeing some solid content being introduced with the money they are making out of us i wouldent , but honestly how long is it going to be before we see more new story getting told instead of c-store candy .

i dont buy the well there a buisness line . you gotta keep your customers happy .i feel my love for star trek is getting betrayed .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 115
# 4
09-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruccy View Post
actually im starting to feel exploted and my love for the star trek franchise not just this game is starting to decline , if we where seeing some solid content being introduced with the money they are making out of us i wouldent , but honestly how long is it going to be before we see more new story getting told instead of c-store candy .

i dont buy the well there a buisness line . you gotta keep your customers happy .i feel my love for star trek is getting betrayed .
The very reason the game failed while in its PTP model........the FTP model has only allowed the game to limp along a bit longer....but FTP players wll also reach this level at some stage...then its back to square one.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,496
# 5
09-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruccy View Post
honestly how long is it going to be before we see more new story getting told instead of c-store candy .
as of dStahls last ask cryptic: next Featured Episode Series = Season 8

so 6 - 9 months from now.

if there will be anything added before that, that isn't just another 5 minute fleetmark grind mission or some Nukara-like farm zone? nobody knows...
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,657
# 6
09-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
as of dStahls last ask cryptic: next Featured Episode Series = Season 8

so 6 - 9 months from now.

if there will be anything added before that, that isn't just another 5 minute fleetmark grind mission or some Nukara-like farm zone? nobody knows...
Except you're leaving out Season 7, which is an entire new zone of story.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 215
# 7
09-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Except you're leaving out Season 7, which is an entire new zone of story.
hmm i have missed this important information somehow , do you have a link to season 7 content ?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,391
# 8
09-20-2012, 06:35 AM
I never got one single usefull item in a lockbox, just under 10 lobi's everytime and expertise bonus which is great when you are level 50 already.
Other than that duty officers - never a purple, and one time I got a pack of droids which is also funny since I am an engineer who gets them for free anyway

On the other hand I never expected to get anything, is why I am f2p, I never spent a penny on anything - so I can't really complain.

I grinded my way to a carrier playing sto over the summer and now I have the one item I really wanted I don't know what is going to keep me interested, grinding the same stf's for 6 months ?

I think you have to consider that while a new ship is great and all 200 bucks is the price of some full games, which you are paying for one little item that's not all that different from everything else and in the end won't change your game at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 236
# 9
09-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruccy View Post
hmm i have missed this important information somehow , do you have a link to season 7 content ?
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=665391
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 215
# 10
09-20-2012, 06:42 AM
thank you =)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 AM.