Survivor of Romulus
# 11
08-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Two suggestions

1 Elite stf run per mission per character per day (pug only)

2 UNLIMITED Stf runs for full premade teams

3 Dispose of optional TIMER entirely for normal difficulty missions
Captain
# 12
08-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flekh View Post
Are you guys serious?

~Snippidy-snip-snip
You bet I am serious... and saying it's a bad idea, dosent make it one.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
# 13
08-05-2012, 11:11 AM
On IGN last night me and another KDFer cycled through three team changes as existing people dropped and new people joined. A couple of the droppers left shortly after I noticed they were hanging back (in another room, crouching) while everyone else fought the borg and I called them on it. We had been playing IGN for less than 5 minutes.

Obviously the leaver penalty is too light if so many people think so little of dropping the mission because they died a couple times. I wanted to finish the mission and get my EDC, but after a couple minutes of no new people joining, me and the other KDFer had to bail on it. An hour penalty is nothing.

The leaver penalty is there because STF's are team missions. When people bail on an STF it's not just their time they've wasted, it's other players' time as well. And sometimes, new people don't beam in and replace the leaver because folks aren't queued up, so that absence could very well end the mission for the others. Being able to basically screw four other people with no penalty doesn't seem very fair.

To be honest, STO should have training missions for STF's so players have a clue when they go in, or much better mission dialog. And there's still the problem of people that can't/won't listen to team chat and ruining an STF (or griefers doing it on purpose). I know there are calls for a team kick feature for STF's but that would get abused all to hell and back. Unfortunately, there is no way to make sure that PUGs will work flawlessly. If people queue up for a PUG then they take their chances, so they should be prepared to either finish the mission or take the penalty. If folks don't want the chance of taking the penalty then they shouldn't PUG.
Ensign
# 14
08-22-2012, 12:34 PM
I understand the reason for the punishment system been created, but I believe it should not be applied to every case.
An example that just happened to me: from the other four players, one of them was already AFK early on. Another was running like crazy against the Borg (and dying all the time) ... when he got tired, he abandoned the STF.
With that, another decided to leave too.
Two players can't complete a STF, so we had to leave.

How can it be fair to punish those who actually want to play, if other players abandon the mission?

What should we do? Wait until other players decide to show up? How much time waiting and not really playing I would have to waste?

Now, I get 1 hour punishment because other player decided to leave. No matter how we see this, but it is just not fair.

Now, about mixing veterans with noobs, I know that some times it's frustrating, when the noobs will learn? Even if they know what to do, without a better player, many will not complete a SFT. In that case, STF missions would be played only by veterans.
I'm not a noob anymore, but i'm not well equipped enough to carry a STF mission on my back yet. So i should just stop playing STF missions?
We have all been noobs before. Don't punish the new players just because they are noobs.

English is not my first language, sorry about the mistakes. But i guess that everybody can understand what i'm saying.

Last edited by arba6; 08-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Commander
# 15
08-22-2012, 12:54 PM
i vote for 5 hours penelity for first leaver!!!

1 hour is much to low

Last edited by lostmoony; 08-22-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Commander
# 16
08-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I think an hour is fine. But I also think it should increase for every one you leave each day. The penalty as it stands now is not enough to keep people from bailing for no reason.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
08-22-2012, 12:59 PM
they should stack

first log out 1 hour
second 2 hours
third 3 hours
fourth 6 hours
fifth 12 hours
sixth 24 hours
and so on
as soon as it hits a week delete the character
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by velktra View Post
I think an hour is fine. But I also think it should increase for every one you leave each day. The penalty as it stands now is not enough to keep people from bailing for no reason.
why should they be forced to stay in a mission ? there are plenty of times when bailing is perfectly reasonable and shouldn't be punished... like I joined one the other day and 3 of the 5 people went AFk... what other than bail can you do at that point? and obviously I wouldn't deserve to be harshly punished for leaving in a scenario like that
Captain
# 19
08-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidacid29 View Post
like I joined one the other day and 3 of the 5 people went AFk... what other than bail can you do at that point?
That's going to be a very rare thing, and as such incrementing the time wouldn't have much impact on people who bail because of things like that.

However unless they have a system that can somehow tell why someone left the STF, the only way is to punish everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptvanor View Post
That's going to be a very rare thing, and as such incrementing the time wouldn't have much impact on people who bail because of things like that.

However unless they have a system that can somehow tell why someone left the STF, the only way is to punish everyone.
that's why I said 1 hour is fine... it's a punishment but not to harsh on those who have good reasons to leave...

what the game does need to do is stop giving the penalty if there are few people in the mission... for instance if there are only 2 people left in the STF they should be able to leave without getting the penalty.. this way those who bailed out and ruined the match would get a penalty while those left with no choice but to bail because there are no longer enough people to finish it aren't...