Captain
# 1 Inconsistent BO spawns
08-16-2012, 04:14 PM
ST-HGZ3ZQHM4
published: Testing- Do Not Play

I'm noticing some really strange issues with my BOs on a published mission. On my first ground map, they do not spawn. This makes the dialogue with BOs strange. On the second one, only 2 of them spawn, requiring me to die and respawn all of them so that I can fight well.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-17-2012, 12:54 AM
I am a bit as well (in fact, on that mission you playtested for me). Maybe this is related to NPCs on platforms?
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Yes it was quite strange. Kirkfat and I tested this mission together. He has a map built on platforms which starts out as one room, and through triggers the geometry changes twice. On first beam in, none of our boffs spawned with us. We could see their dots on the map through. On the second change in geometry, suddenly one of my boffs ran up to join us.

So the question is, why are they not spawning with the player?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Rihannsu
# 4
08-17-2012, 07:24 AM
They're spawning somewhere, but it looks like they're spawning relative to the map floor, not the object the player spawns on top of. I noticed that in one of the Foundry spotlights too.

On a semi-related note, I've been seeing Boffs spawn as far as 10 meters from me even in flat terrain...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 5
08-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
They're spawning somewhere, but it looks like they're spawning relative to the map floor, not the object the player spawns on top of. I noticed that in one of the Foundry spotlights too.

On a semi-related note, I've been seeing Boffs spawn as far as 10 meters from me even in flat terrain...
This is really weird though, they did not seem to spawn, but then I found them crowding a spot on an entirely different place on the map AFTER the platform had disappeared and reappeared. After I found them, they refused to follow me around.
Lieutenant
# 6
08-25-2012, 06:22 AM
I have also noticed on the KDF side, my BOffs sometimes cluster around me, like a "group hug". Very unlikely for a Klingon and befits a Federation Captain much more so. Well especially if you were female.

I would call this a very big glitch.
Rihannsu
# 7
08-26-2012, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
This is really weird though, they did not seem to spawn, but then I found them crowding a spot on an entirely different place on the map AFTER the platform had disappeared and reappeared. After I found them, they refused to follow me around.
Hmm... I've noticed more issues with Boff spawns when playing on foundry than on holodeck.

I think it was tribble foundry, but I have seen exactly what you described. some of my Boffs spawned halfway down the map and they seemed to be stuck in place. It didn't happen consistently, and it went away.

Now the group hug thing... that's standard idiot mode Boff behavior for Foundry Boffs. When testing in foundry your Boffs will do things that Boffs on the live server are too smart to do.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 8
08-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Update: Trouble-shooting is of no help so far. It's the most bizarre thing that I've ever seen my BOs do. They are simply spawning on a different part of the map. They stay at that part of the map at a high y elevation of 99, despite the floor disappearing twice.

I thought maybe the system was pushing them out of the box of platforms and walls, into another box of platforms and walls, but no, removing the ceiling has no effect.

They simply are not spawning where they should be spawning in the published version of the map. Instead, they spawn elsewhere and stay at that spot, even if they have no floor to stand on.
Rihannsu
# 9
08-26-2012, 07:37 PM
did you try tweaking the start position? just a slight location change?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
Captain
# 10
08-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
did you try tweaking the start position? just a slight location change?
Yes, although moving the spawn point significantly would mean moving 300+ items on the map by the same value, due to the way that it's set up. I have also tried adjusting y relative to geometry, terrain, etc. In the published version, the BOs all spawn elsewhere.