Career Officer
# 1 new expanded leave penalty
08-03-2012, 09:09 PM
no joke
I select infected space normal puts me in infected ground total newbs right they did not know to talk to the kitty ouch sign one quits i gave it a try could not take it so i left

so I try to do colony right non STF
wrong you are temporarly banned from anything pve que do not quit STF/s they are being jerks and think they are funny

how we get penalized for non STF when not related different system
Commander
# 2
08-03-2012, 10:41 PM
It isn't a ban from just STFs. It's a ban from STFs and missions like them. It even tells you you're banned from "maps of this type" for at least an hour.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Captain
# 3
08-04-2012, 08:33 PM
In a total fail situation it's prudent to stick with it until the majority leave regardless of how much it's FUBAR, so that aborting doesn't give you the penalty as well.

Now I don't have the specifics but I seem to be fine with avoiding the penalty by waiting for at least two to leave the map first.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Ensign
# 4
08-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Honestly, it ain't worth it to stick around while a bunch of noobs screw up the match. I'm just about ready to throw in the STF towel entirely at this rate.
Career Officer
# 5
08-04-2012, 09:20 PM
**sigh**

Really, another person just wants to be able to leave a team event without impunity?

Here is how you never have to worry about it, don't run queues games, do all missions with a set team, private matches, etc. Do this, and you never have to complain again.

If I had my way, you'd lose not only an hour, but an hour account wide, and a dilithium loss double the value for the mission for leaving the STF.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Captain
# 6
08-04-2012, 09:24 PM
You only need to stick it until one person quits the map however sometimes you just can't wait if this happens I log off the game and play something else until the mission ban has passed.
Ensign
# 7
08-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
**sigh**

Really, another person just wants to be able to leave a team event without impunity?

Here is how you never have to worry about it, don't run queues games, do all missions with a set team, private matches, etc. Do this, and you never have to complain again.

If I had my way, you'd lose not only an hour, but an hour account wide, and a dilithium loss double the value for the mission for leaving the STF.
So you're going to continue to punish people that see when it's a failed attempt, thereby making even queuing for an STF a pointless endeavor when the risk and rewards are considered? After 3 lives lost, we should be allowed to leave without penalty.

Last edited by ziploc332; 08-04-2012 at 09:33 PM.