Lt. Commander
# 21
11-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We will be bringing down the Star Trek Online website and forums at 12pm PST today in order to perform maintenance. During this time we will be pushing a new version of the website which we think you will all enjoy immensely. We are expecting the forums to be back up by 2pm PST today, and the website should be back online at 5pm PST.

Thank you,

The Star Trek Online Team

Link to the news article.
Maybe you'll be pushing some of those beta invites too! :p You know you want to. Because that's really the only features we want to see implemented right now. I think I can speak for most in that regard too.
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceDrake View Post
T minus two hours at this point, looking forward to it.
Aye, so am I. I just hope too many people don't try to log onto it as soon as it's up and melts it down lol.

Also, is there a way for someone to check their PMs without going through the main site? I've got 1 waiting, and can't get to it. Not a huge deal or anything, but I'm just wondering if there's a way I'm missing.
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Aye, so am I. I just hope too many people don't try to log onto it as soon as it's up and melts it down lol.

Also, is there a way for someone to check their PMs without going through the main site? I've got 1 waiting, and can't get to it. Not a huge deal or anything, but I'm just wondering if there's a way I'm missing.
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye

A couple hours ago you could get your PMs on championsonline.com but now it says mailserver is down
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-16-2009, 03:48 PM
What if...

At 5 PM we all log on and there's really dramatic music and a bunch of phasers from off camera burn the words "STAR TREK ONLINE IS CANCELLED" onto the screen?

I know, it would be pretty funny, right?
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauwyn_Vorec
Thanks! I kind of thought there was a way I wasn't thinking of! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
A couple hours ago you could get your PMs on championsonline.com but now it says mailserver is down
Hmm, I just tried it, and I can access them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Nate View Post
What if...

At 5 PM we all log on and there's really dramatic music and a bunch of phasers from off camera burn the words "STAR TREK ONLINE IS CANCELLED" onto the screen?

I know, it would be pretty funny, right?
dun dun DUN! I have to admit, I laughed pretty good at this. Even thought that would... suck to say the least. (Sorry I had to remove 1 of the eeks; silly maximum of 4 images per message.)
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-16-2009, 04:06 PM
I <3 Gorns!!!
FYI
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalobabingbong View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I hope it's a significant change, not just some minor graphical touch-ups.

Right now, if you go to the home page, the layout is, of course, out of whack, and the top graphic now has a new background (which was lifted from Perpetual's artwork, by the way). I hope we'll get something a bit more significant than that.
I can't see anything. Just has the maintenance screen.
I'm seeing what Shatterhand sees. The old site, heavily scrambled, with everything wildly out of alignment.

EDIT: Ah! That's why. Compare:

http://www.startrekonline.com
http://startrekonline.com
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerain View Post
I'm seeing what Shatterhand sees. The old site, heavily scrambled, with everything wildly out of alignment.

EDIT: Ah! That's why. Compare:

http://www.startrekonline.com
http://startrekonline.com
Still both the same for me. I even cleared my cookies to see. Maybe that's why you guys are seeing the old site. Try clearing your cookies.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalobabingbong View Post
Still both the same for me. I even cleared my cookies to see. Maybe that's why you guys are seeing the old site. Try clearing your cookies.
Ctrl-F5 should do a forced a cache refresh of the page and have the same effect.