Commander
# 1 Cooldown reduction Doffs
08-10-2012, 01:24 AM
So the new energy weapon Doffs lower the cooldown of skills. The purple quality claims to lower it by 20 seconds. (Currently bugged to only lower by 15, they all lower by 5 less than they say)

My question goes out to anyone with one of these purple Doffs.
Given a skill, say C:RF, that has a 30 sec cooldown but a 15 sec shared cooldown, does the above duty officer lower the cooldown past the shared cooldown allowing for continuous chaining of said skill?

I suspect not but i'd like to know.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-10-2012, 03:41 AM
I have 3 purple Photonic Studies Scientists on my ship. They each lower the cooldown of photonic abilities by 20%. This has the effect of lowering the cooldown of a single Photonic Shockwave from 45 seconds to 23 seconds. If I put a second copy of Photonic Shockwave on my ship, it still gets a 30 second shared cooldown if I use the first copy. So from what I've seen, the DOffs do not lower shared cooldowns.

I have still been able to take advantage of this though. A single Photonic Shockwave III every 23 seconds is still pretty good. Plus it frees up a second Science slot that would have been taken by a second copy of the skill.

I once tried to chain 3 copies of Photonic Officer together using my 3 DOffs, don't even get me started on that. I filed a bug report about it because its just so completely broken its ridiculous.
Commander
# 3
08-10-2012, 05:31 AM
Ok so they dont lower shared cooldown but they CAN lower the cooldown for the first copy past the shared cooldown.

Thats good. Means only need 1 Energy weapons officer to use one C:RF on my ship.