Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Leveling Up
08-05-2012, 10:15 AM
I want to level up a toon to VA on the foundry but on either faction I cannot get past the tutorial and without completing that I cannot do missions. Is there a way to do the tutorial or get past it?
Career Officer
# 2
08-06-2012, 05:41 AM
I'm not sure, but I think they got rid of that aspect of the Foundry. I tried to play a Klingon Foundry character by actually doing the missions and it wouldn't let me out of the first level. lol
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-06-2012, 05:58 AM
No, Foundry character are now locked down on experience, so you'll never be anything more than an Ensign.

A couple of notes though:

1. Any C-Store unlocks can be claimed, such as Special Boffs unlocks, Tier 0 ships, Cronodynamic armor, tribbles.

2. Loot does drop while previewing maps so you can collect it, sell it and buy better Mk II gear.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 08-06-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Rihannsu
# 4
08-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
No, Foundry character are now locked down on experience, so you'll never be anything more than an Ensign.
Which is, IMO, a very BAD idea. When I tested on tribble, I still got XP from killing enemies.... I managed to get my Foundry char to gain a level that way.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-06-2012, 03:19 PM
My character, which has been around since the Foundry launched on Holodeck, is like a Lt. 3 or 4 just from killing stuff.

Oh and btw, Klingon characters will upjump to lvl 21 or whatever it was post-change.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 6
08-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I still got XP from killing enemies.... I managed to get my Foundry char to gain a level that way.
I did the same thing before they got rid of that feature with a Klingon character...I got him up to the highest level there was and I wasn't even using him in the actual game.

(I'd filled a space map with a whole bunch of top-level ships and just hit "Kill Target" over and over and over, watching as the XP just rose and rose and rose...lol)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Rihannsu
# 7
08-06-2012, 04:16 PM
We don't even get Xp from enemy kills on Holodeck? wow... that's horrible.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 8
08-07-2012, 12:23 AM
You know, as a newbie to the Foundry (just created my first mission a day or two ago), it is amazing how many issues like this I've already run into. Can't add maps in the middle of a mission, many costume options missing, can't set up an NPC path for an NPC contact to move from point A to point B, etc. You'd think stuff like this would be reeeeaaaallly obvious to the dev team, but if it really is just a dev team of one for the Foundry...well...that is a shame. The Foundry is a unique and awesome asset to the game and it's something to help keep old-time players interested and involved. Frankly, I don't see why your Foundry character couldn't be whatever level you want it to be, for testing purposes.

One related question: can you go back and customize your Foundry character's appearance or traits? Or do you have to delete and re-create them...and if you do do you lose your projects?

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Career Officer
# 9
08-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Ever since Day 1 of the Foundry and us having to "level up" our test characters, it has always bugged me. Our testing characters should be actual testing characters, not us playing on a private server.

Our Foundry Testing Toons should be "blank slates" that are adjusted to the level of the Foundry Mission. For example, you create a Mission with Borg or Undine in it, and your character is promoted to Level 50.

Everything you need like Skill Investments, Bridge Officer Abilities, Equipment (Space and Ground), and Ships used should all have premade defaults. So we select the options that fit our needs the best and the Mission saves them.

This bypasses the need to "level up", and can focus specifically what they are intended for........Foundry Mission Testing.

I hope the Foundry Team reads this and considers what I just suggested. If we have the right stuff, we can push the limits or tone them down to ensure players having fun.
Rihannsu
# 10
08-07-2012, 11:02 AM
It'd be nice if Foundry chars could be customized like paper dolls to have gear appropriate to whatever level the current mission requires. they're not "real" characters apparently so why bother making players get equipment for them the hard way?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!