Captain
# 11
08-06-2012, 05:04 AM
I don't really mind TBs on a ship since there's opportunity costs and cooldowns. My only real beef is that the resists (especially AP:O) don't work nearly as well as they should.
Career Officer
# 12
08-06-2012, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
If I had known that was what was slowing down the respawn rate on you guys I'd have never used the darn thing! My bad.
but they are so pretty!

besides pet spam is way more offensive and I wager has a larger impact on lower specced machines
Dork - I.K.S. WeeBugger
Empire Veteran
# 13
08-06-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I personally find fireworks offensive. Both because they have no reason, second because it's meant to lag the opponent on slower machine.
But I love my fireworks
Honestly I never thought about lag. For the future I will refrain from using it during battle unless all my power levels drop to 0. Than all bets are off.

And of course I might use it before/after the battle.
Ensign
# 14
08-06-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I've starting doing some research, reading threads, etc around here. Maybe I missed it, but:

What's the etiquette, unwritten rules, and so on that is generally a part of PvP?

I'd like to learn of course, so when I get into it more, I won't be ticking anybody off, at least in my interactions with fellow PvPers.

Just doing my best to learn of course.
1. As a pvper myself I can say I play to win!

2. I pvp because I believe theres more challenge in other humans than in AI (pve)! That is why I also hate and only do grinding best items on pve missions for pvp.

3. Im very interested in game mechanics and the most efficent ways to use those against other players!

4. Im observing my own performance very seriously to become better! When I or my team fails I have to find out why!

5. I respect all players which follow the mentioned points in a pvp match!
Career Officer
# 15
08-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
I personally find fireworks offensive. Both because they have no reason, second because it's meant to lag the opponent on slower machine.
Does that actually work? *buys fire-crackers*
Career Officer
# 16
08-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
3 thou shalt not rig matches or games
damn, there goes the RP battle reenactment fleet

Quote:
6 Hiding in the scenery (glitch abuse) is cowardice
"In war there is no greater honor than victory", meaning whaever dishonorable action taken is smaller than the honour of winning!

Quote:
7 he who speaks the word PWNED must die by the hand of his own team for dishonouring his team
PWND!
Captain
# 17
08-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Yes it lags. On my previous computer (laptop) such stuff especially in solar map was unbearable. Truth is, back then there was not such horibble trash around in pvp as well. On new computers it probably does not matter, still I hate it when I see some stupid bug flying around doing fireworks all over the place.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
08-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dassemsto View Post
damn, there goes the RP battle reenactment fleet

"In war there is no greater honor than victory", meaning whaever dishonorable action taken is smaller than the honour of winning!

PWND!
"victory without honour is worse than defeat"

thats why no one celebrates the VICTORY of the mexicans at the alamo
Career Officer
# 19
08-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
If I had known that was what was slowing down the respawn rate on you guys I'd have never used the darn thing! My bad.
"Never underestimate the power of fireworks!"
Empire Veteran
# 20
08-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Ah, thats why I saw that being used all the time in Ker'rat.

The most basic etiquette of PvP is no cheese (except in Ker'rat. Its the PvP moshpit)
and Everybody fights, nobody quits.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.