Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground Auto Attack?
08-06-2012, 12:53 AM
Am I missing something? I can't find a way to enable auto-attack on the ground, forcing me to keep taptaptaptaptaptaptapping my fire button during combat.

Any suggestions?
Career Officer
# 2
08-06-2012, 12:57 AM
No suggestions here but ground auto attack would be awesome. Is it even in the game?
Career Officer
# 3
08-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Under your control settings at the bottom you should have an option to enable auto attack to maintain or click toggle. once the setting is saved its the same as space, just right click the primary and secondary fire and your set once you see a green outline (won't start firing until you engage an enemy).
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Ah, thank you. That was driving me nuts.
Commander
# 5
08-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Just keep in mind that it's better to use manual attacking when you're using shotguns like the Cryo Launcher, since the damage is higher the closer you are to your enemy. Point blank will give more damage compared to further out.

Auto Fire is excellent for Assault Rifles and Compression Pistols though. They're the next strongest weapons you can find and don't lose damage with range.

...Now if only there was a way to assign auto attack to ONE of my weapons so I could manual fire with my shotgun without having to turn off autofire...
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Lieutenant
# 6
08-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
Just keep in mind that it's better to use manual attacking when you're using shotguns like the Cryo Launcher, since the damage is higher the closer you are to your enemy. Point blank will give more damage compared to further out.

Auto Fire is excellent for Assault Rifles and Compression Pistols though. They're the next strongest weapons you can find and don't lose damage with range.

...Now if only there was a way to assign auto attack to ONE of my weapons so I could manual fire with my shotgun without having to turn off autofire...
That's what the "Maintain" mode is supposed to do.
Unfortunately, like so many other things in this game, I think it's broken.
Maintain is supposed to work in the way that you hold the fire key pressed to maintain autofire. You shouldn't need to tap-tap-tap (kill the button) but as mentioned, I think the Maintain mode is broken because I never did get it to work in space or ground. It only fires one round, regardless of if autofire is set or not (green outline on weapons tray), then I have to release and press the key again. =(
Career Officer
# 7
08-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Ground auto attack is in the game and you enable it the same way you do in Space. In the settings, scroll down on the ground controls screen and choose either Toggled: change cancels, or Toggled: non-combat cancels. Do NOT choose Toggle: Never cancels, as it's bugged and actually stops you from firing at all. Next right click weapons 1 and 2 in your tray so they turn green, don't set #3 to autofire, as it tries to melee attack the air constantly. Also you should know the autofire only works in normal combat mode, it does not work in "shooter" mode. But it does work and works good with the above settings.