Survivor of Romulus
# 11
08-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Beam outs are not consistant even in individual series

And im sure starfleet would go with the most efficient (TOS) which is after all less graphics
Lieutenant
# 12
08-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
This will likely be an unpopular stance, but I actually think there is such a thing as too much customization. In the universe of our game, Starfleet would surely have a technology standard, and all Starfleet vessels would be using the same transporter technology (or at least within a firmware update or two.)
So why is there a TOS interior again? Wouldnt Starfleet have at least replaced the computer systems with modern tech?
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
08-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
This will likely be an unpopular stance, but I actually think there is such a thing as too much customization. In the universe of our game, Starfleet would surely have a technology standard, and all Starfleet vessels would be using the same transporter technology (or at least within a firmware update or two.)
How about the people in non standard Federation ships though? Would, if this example ever were true, the Federation rip out every system in a Klingon warship to use Fed-tech? Hmm maybe need to make the case for transporter effects in doomsday machine now...
Career Officer
# 14
08-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
I agree with this. There are only a small handful of times where the effect wouldn't be the same: TOS Connie (Geordi said such tech was largely unchanged from Scotty's time so for historic accuracy I could see the Corp of Engineers keeping essentially the same tech) and the various Species-specific ships (Caitian, Vulcan, Gorn, Naussican, Orion).
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
08-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Totally agree
Republic Veteran
# 16
08-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I could see it if the transporter effect were tied to the ship you are using (ie: use the TOS Connie and you get the TOS transporter effect) beyond that however, player selectable effects may be taking it a bit too far.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
08-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I really don't think having a variety of transporter effects brings a whole lot to the game. However, if all of these lockbox ships were acquired and refitted by Ferengi merchants, wouldn't it make sense that THEY would have a common transporter effect (ferengi style effect) rather than fed for fed toons and Klingon for Klingon toons? Might be a prestige thing for ground characters and may help boost master key or lockbox ship sales. Or maybe not. Just a thought IF transporter effects were introduced.
Captain
# 18
08-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepwe View Post
I agree with this. There are only a small handful of times where the effect wouldn't be the same: TOS Connie (Geordi said such tech was largely unchanged from Scotty's time so for historic accuracy I could see the Corp of Engineers keeping essentially the same tech) and the various Species-specific ships (Caitian, Vulcan, Gorn, Naussican, Orion).
Mostly the same isn't the same as exactly the same. If I were trusting a machine to send my molecules to an alien planet or even just to a starbase, I'd definitely want it to be the latest and presumably most modern version possible.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Career Officer
# 19
08-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Agreed......this would be logical, and I would prefer new content.....
Captain
# 20
08-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Fair statement. But the thing I appreciate more than anything is this response has come from Cryptic. It is extremely appreciated that someone in authority (so to speak) has taken the time to respond to a players idea directly. I recently had a thread on here about being under valued as player basically without seeing the full picture I (and I'm guilty as charged) started following the rest in being annoyed with the season 6 bug and them not being fixed fast enough. An email changed my stance on that and your reply also goes to prove that. Although it may not be seen at first this reply DOES go to prove that Cryptic are listening to players and IS taking note of players needs and possible wishes.
Live long and Prosper