Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 11
08-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Landing was a success! Congratulations to the entire NASA and MSL team! This is a VERY historic day! I've got goosebumps lol

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 12
08-05-2012, 10:36 PM
IT'S LANDED!!!

Oh phoo it's seems Brandon beat me to the punch.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lieutenant
# 13
08-05-2012, 10:39 PM
now Que Transformer to destroy rover and invade the earth
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
08-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Wooooo! It's down, wheels on the ground, and 2 pics in already. Exciting times.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 15
08-05-2012, 10:45 PM
The Invasion begins......again.

Be interesting what Curiosity will discover with her better equipment and if she will live as long as her cousins (1 is still going).
# 16
08-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Best tweet of the night about it: "@Satire - If @MarsCuriosity had the forethought to install @foursquare it would totally be the Mayor of Mars."

Also, @LarryNemecek's: "For all you kids who didn't get to sit through Mercury, Gemini or an Apollo moon landing, THIS moment is for you! #MarsCuriosity GO!"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 17
08-05-2012, 10:47 PM
That was an amazing landing. I was practically holding my breathe with those guys when waiting for confirmation.

Those pictures are incredable, and to see them shown live and cleared up so fast was just amazing. Still watching the live feed now.

It's good to see that one of the last tools from the former version of NASA was a great success! Lets hope this pushes more NASA growth to what it once was and beyond.

Also...someone getting a talking to later today I reckon for the mega loud "HOLY ****!!!" haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastenblaster1 View Post
now Que Transformer to destroy rover and invade the earth
Actually it was based off of "past" rovers. Haha we stil have until 2014 for when Transformers 3 occurs (seeing that Sam was out of at least 4 years of college).
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.

Last edited by xenor002; 08-05-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
08-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Best tweet of the night about it: "@Satire - If @MarsCuriosity had the forethought to install @foursquare it would totally be the Mayor of Mars." HAHA! EPIC!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon, I know you're a Trekkie. Please, TELL me... you were humming the Star Trek theme song while you heard that it landed, weren't you? I was!

Da da DAAA, daaa, da da DAAAA, daa... DAA DAA DAAAAA DAAA DADADA DAAAA...
# 19
08-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icegavel View Post
Brandon, I know you're a Trekkie. Please, TELL me... you were humming the Star Trek theme song while you heard that it landed, weren't you? I was!

Da da DAAA, daaa, da da DAAAA, daa... DAA DAA DAAAAA DAAA DADADA DAAAA...
You betcha! That, and the Enterprise theme song...

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Career Officer
# 20
08-05-2012, 10:51 PM
That was awesome to watch unfold! Time delayed only a bit. But as close feeling like being on Mars as I'm going to get. I'm so happy for JPL and NASA.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link