Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
I keep doing the surveys, and I guess being single and 30+ disqualifies you for so many of these surveys. I couldn't even qualify for a MOVIE survey. sigh.
Rihannsu
# 2
08-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I hear ya, I was able to get like 10 dollars in free offers and after that I have not been able to achieve any free zen so I went back to purchasing them only!

I guess those survey guys do not really want an accurate survey!
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-06-2012, 10:02 AM
I stopped even trying.. Most of the time, they all say I do not qualify for what their advertisers are looking for. The kickers have been the last few times where I spend 5+ minutes filling out their surveys only to be told at the very end that I did not qualify. This latter, to me, is a scam.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]
Captain
# 4
08-06-2012, 10:06 AM
The surveys are a scam. One of the guys in my fleet did one and checked the code while he was doing it. He found the code line, that deliberately cause's the survey to not give out the zen. It puts an error in so EVERYONE doesn't qualify.

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Don't feel bad, they pnly shaft you at the end when you can not finish unless you buy something or signup for an offer that you must later cancel unless you wish to be autocharged.
Frankly its a fishing expedition for info for marketing.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Republic Veteran
# 6
08-06-2012, 10:15 AM
I stopped trying the surveys for the same reason. I had watched a video on the new Samsung Galaxy and got the three zen from it. I thought I would just watch for the videos. I ended up watching the Cadillac vid a dozen times with no zen. Did a few of the other offers too with nothing to show. It is all nothing but a scam and a waste of time. It is a shame that there are major companies that are associated with this scam. Wonder if they know. Could be costing them potential customers.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Getting disqualified from surveys is the same problem you get on those sites that give you money for doing them. The people who sign up to take surveys and get paid are almost universally not the people that marketers actually want to research.

For example, there's one in my list right now about diesel freight truck brands. I'll bet right now I won't pass qualification because even as a business owner, a freight truck of any fuel type is somewhat outside of my budget.
Lieutenant
# 8
08-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebular View Post
The kickers have been the last few times where I spend 5+ minutes filling out their surveys only to be told at the very end that I did not qualify. This latter, to me, is a scam.
If the survey states that you "may not qualify", then chances are it's a scam.

If the company were operating in a proper manner, they would either:
  • indicate the target demographic in the description (which may skew results), or
  • pay out to all respondents, and filter afterwards.
Captain
# 9
08-06-2012, 11:45 AM
I did 3 surveys on my iPad yesterday while watching the Olympics; and qualified for 2 of them, making just under 160 Zen in about 30 minutes. Beverages and Grocery Store surveys are my friends, shoes are not.
Republic Veteran
# 10
08-06-2012, 01:12 PM
There is a bunch I have been disqualified from but there actually have been some good ones. I've made 2500+ zen from surveys mostly...and the rare other things that don't require any of my personal info or me downloading/installing junk I don't want on my computer in the first place.