Survivor of Romulus
Ever since Season 6 came out, I've been working on doing more elite ground stf's. However, one in particular has caught my attention, at being major different now, then it was before Season 6 came out. This one is Infected Ground Elite (IGE). Everything before the plasma vent room is normal, but once you get to that room, all hopes and dreams fall. It used to be like any other end to an stf. Difficult, but very do-able with a good organized team. However, now, unless you have a team that can take the barrage of the 20 or so tactical drones that respawn when the Borg Generator shields go down, or you are simply VERY VERY LUCKY, It is impossible to do. I've done IGE probably 20 times since Season 6 came out, (and I never EVER do pugs. I always use organized teams), and I've only finished ONE of them. ONE IGE. And this was because of one little teeny tiny federation scientist who fits perfectly into one of the spots to hide from the borg drones but still shoot Rebecca Simmons. Even then, it took 3 tries to finish it. You devs need to get rid of these drones, lower their dps/hp, or just make them NOT RESPAWN AT ALL. It is ridiculous. At this rate, I'll never get the M.A.C.O. xii set.

Last edited by petst0ne; 08-05-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-05-2012, 10:10 PM
i play infected ground elite all the time with pug and with an organized team, i don't have any trouble what so ever with the last part were you fight rebecca, and yes i play it when season 6 came out and i still don't have any trouble with it. it would probably be either your way of doing it or you don't have enough dps on ground to complete it. also just to throw it out there i have done it with a 5 tac team and with a mix of tac, sci, and engi. so i would say its either your guys dps or the way your doing it
Commander
# 3
08-06-2012, 04:41 AM
You're doing the room too slowly.

The Tac Drone respawn is independent of the shield generator being destroyed or Rebecca being released. It's based on how long it since you killed them when you came into the room first.

Why you're suddenly having problems with this that you weren't before, I have no idea, but I've noticed no difference. Could just be on a bad run of form.
Career Officer
# 4
08-06-2012, 06:24 AM
This is silly... The final room is, in all ways that matter, just as it has always been. Only difference is that Gozer stripped away all the props that made optional approaches viable, so he could force us to do it exactly like he wanted us to.

As a sci with medic-kit, and mkX MACO for the remodulation, I can solo becca 9 times out of 10.

No change needed!
What IS hard, is the optional, but thats..... well, optional,..... so it's supposed to be very hard.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Just to echo everything else, nothing has changed. I usually PUG from the queues, and have succeeded about 80% of the time... the only failures were in teams where we didnt have 3 decent jumpers... but every run with 3 jumpers was a success. And the Borg dont respawn when you drop the generator, they are on a timer. You need to go through it faster if they are respawning that soon... plus, you just need one guy to keep the center clear, and knockback the rest of them into the plasma... not hard to deal with...
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Well, I was doing IGE before season six came out, and I don't remember any problems finishing it, at the same level that I'm finding now. I guess I'll need to do more and see. I finished my second ige since season six came out today, so I guess that's an accomplishment.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Also, thanks all for your responses.