Ensign
# 1 tuffli freighter interest
08-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Hi all, just two words for getting complete infos about freighter : how does it work, does it worth the cost, can you realize profits that quickly helps to get ECs back ?... would someone be kind enough for giving me some of these infos, or inviting me on a tuffli for experiencing all that, please ? thx in advance !
Captain
# 2
08-05-2012, 04:44 PM
You can read the details about it here:
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=571271

As for it being worth the cost, that depends how much you spend to get it, whether in real money or EC or otherwise, and how much you value the convenience.

Edit: Tried inviting you a few times to my freighter in game.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----

Last edited by tangolight; 08-05-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Commander
# 3
08-05-2012, 05:12 PM
You won't make the money back you spend on it. It's very convenient, but it won't help you make EC.
Rihannsu
# 4
08-05-2012, 05:56 PM
If you are in a small or solo fleet, the commodities vendor on board is a very cheap source for star base projects.

It has mail, exchange, bank and crafting access available on board. Several NPC's offer various DOFF missions.

As a solo fleet owner, the Tuffli comes in very handy for me.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Its nothing but a vanity ship, you will realise it's a wast of EC once you have one.

Here is the info you need ...

http://www.stowiki.org/Tuffli_Class_Freighter
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 6
08-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Its nothing but a vanity ship, you will realise it's a wast of EC once you have one.
I got one, and I totally feel it was worth the EC I spent on it.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Rihannsu
# 7
08-05-2012, 08:41 PM
agreed I bought 3 off people this week kept one and fliped the other 2 for profits.
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Career Officer
# 8
08-05-2012, 09:05 PM
I crafted my way all the way up from 0 to 1650 with the Tuffli, i wouldn't have bothered with crafting otherwise. I especially like the enhanced transwarp drive that takes you to almost all of the explorer areas, handy for farming up materials. Its also nice that its considered as a small craft so you can switch to it from your ship interior, from the tuffli bridge you switch to any ship you own. With the lengthy cool down on the Azura II comm, its much more convenient for getting to a bank or exchange. Why is there a 2 hour cool down on the Azura II anyway?
Captain
# 9
08-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Its a shame I'm silver now... I'll never be able to pick one of these up with ECs... really wanted one too. They seem pretty awesome, for helping get stuff for the starbases and helping to craft for people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Tuffli is a good ship.

Have a good bridge, have a nice services like bank, exchange, mail, commodites, bar and chef, can call in the space the special security duty, can transwarp to any star cluster. And is good to Roleplay too.

But Tuffli is not good to combat, to do any STF or Fleet Action. Works wonderfull to call your friends to use anythime the services of your ship before your starbase have all things working. Is good to make a reunion or a party. But is uselless in the battle.

Worth the price, if you don't look in the combat side, but in all others the Tuffli works very well.

If you want a combat ship with the same services like a tuffli (minus commodites, bartender and chef) try a D'kora. Is good to combat, but the bridge is small like a nut.
PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?