Captain
# 1 I like the Tholian Lock Boxes
07-21-2012, 08:03 PM
There, I said it. I like these Tholian lock boxes. The rewards are cool. They are fun to unlock. I don't feel ripped off.

If you would like to flame me now, go ahead. If you would like to join my camp of lock box gurus, please do so.

This thread may now begin.
Captain
# 2
07-21-2012, 08:21 PM
In their defense, they do pay for the servers, the staff and the rest.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 3
07-21-2012, 08:24 PM
These are a step in the right direction for sure.
Rihannsu
# 4
07-21-2012, 08:29 PM
I agree. They're dropping rarer, so they don't feel like they're replacing all the useful loot. The rewards table are all pretty decent; no useless consumable crap. They increased the Lobi per box, and the added a couple ships to it with a somewhat reasonable price.

The lockboxes are never going away, so I at least am glad that they're "better" this time around.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
One thing that would be nice is to have them listed as uncommon or something because when teamed last night we found to get boxes to roll we had to set need or greed to common which meant every hypo, common weapon, battery etc was also being rolled on making the game extremely annoying.
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-21-2012, 09:56 PM
I agree I like them too, had some decent loot drop and perhaps someday in the distant I too can afford a Tholian carrier
Career Officer
# 7
07-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
One thing that would be nice is to have them listed as uncommon or something because when teamed last night we found to get boxes to roll we had to set need or greed to common which meant every hypo, common weapon, battery etc was also being rolled on making the game extremely annoying.
It's the tradeoff for the rest of us not having to roll on them every 20 seconds anyway. And it's not like you need to split up something that you can get for a mere 200 dilithium anyway.
Career Officer
# 8
07-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I agree. I was indifferent for the most part and very uninterested in the previous renditions, but this one is definitely better. As some have already said, most of the items have SOME use. I am actually wanting to get a fair amount of the Phased Tetryons, just for the kicks.

The Lobi increase is good, though they took out the MACO Boff I would have been working toward... I did get 27 Lobi out of one box though, I think with a mini-Doff pack. Probably rare, but nice.

The biggest thing is the versatility of the boxes contents. There is enough variety and WORTH to the items.

As some else stated, I believe Leviathan, the 'main' prize (Tholian Weaver), is exotic enough to have an interest in, but not FROM Trek per say, like the other ships. Though I had no interest in the other ships, it still was kinda a bummer to have these iconic Alien ships. With the Weaver, it's a little different. I kinda lost my thought line.

Anyway, still progressing in the right direction in terms of Lockboxes.

On a side note, being a Doff fan, I really do like the packs as of late; Gamma and Reinforcement. That was, is a good move, in my mind.
Captain
# 9
07-21-2012, 10:53 PM
I already mentioned this in this thread, I still liked the Doff pack, but compared to the last lockbox, it's a massive improvement. But Cryptic shouldn't get too comfy with with these, there's still a lot that could be made better.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-21-2012, 11:08 PM
I liked the Ferrengi ones and Lobi gear better.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net