Lt. Commander
# 1 Unsolicited Fleet Invites
01-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Can you please add an option to turn off Fleet Invites?

It's really getting annoying people you don't know, spamming fleet invites.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-24-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Can you please add an option to turn off Fleet Invites?

It's really getting annoying people you don't know, spamming fleet invites.
Or team invites......or 'would you like to be my friend?'......at least take me out to dinner first.

Or my number one fave.....private PvP challenge.....from someone 30 levels lower than you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Team invites can already be blocked which, in PVP, is a horrible idea that needs to be changed. Teaming should be automatic in PVP, but sure, outside of that I'm indifferent.

I actually think that the random blind fleet invites from people I've never heard of before (nor from again) are kind of funny. But if there was a way to block them, aside from setting up your own dummy fleet, that wouldn't be a bad idea at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-25-2011, 06:41 AM
A dummy fleet has more benifits. Mine started as a dummy fleet but ive been thinking of making it more real.
If only there was a communications feedback loop you could send out and blow up the offending partys ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Remember that some, and i stress SOME, of these random invites (fleet/challange/Friend) may be simple mistakes as well.

I've done it myself a few times, mainly with challanges, when trying to get up private PVP matches. If you've ever set one up you'll notice that the invite screen can flicker a bit changing your invite selections, if you don't catch it the wrong person gets the challange. I usually try to send a "pls ignore ... sry" tell.

Someone I know also sent an invite to fleet instead of team in a PVP match.

Now, are there people out there that send random crap on purpose .... yes. I just click the ignore/leave/cancel/no button and move on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatzippy View Post
Remember that some, and i stress SOME, of these random invites (fleet/challange/Friend) may be simple mistakes as well.

I've done it myself a few times, mainly with challanges, when trying to get up private PVP matches. If you've ever set one up you'll notice that the invite screen can flicker a bit changing your invite selections, if you don't catch it the wrong person gets the challange. I usually try to send a "pls ignore ... sry" tell.

Someone I know also sent an invite to fleet instead of team in a PVP match.

Now, are there people out there that send random crap on purpose .... yes. I just click the ignore/leave/cancel/no button and move on.
True...some are just mistakes,but getting 5 such invites from the same person in a row.....that's just begging for the ignore button.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-25-2011, 09:00 AM
I have team invites turned off by default. But fleet invites do get annoying. If I want to join your fleet, I'll ask you. If you want to recruit me, send me an email.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-25-2011, 04:00 PM
/signed

Definatly needs an option under the Social settings box...
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Aw come on...everyone wants to join my super cool fleet that I started 10 mind ago with bad spelling/ grammar or has a name that is completely unoriginial. We also have 1 bank tab 4 members all alts of mine. So join the 12345th Tactical/science-random sci fi name fleet. We also have a klingon fleet that's just as stupid.
Ensign
# 10 there is now an option...
08-08-2012, 02:31 PM
go into your social window and click "privacy".
in the dialogue that pops up turn off "allow fleet invites"