Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
right now im flying a fleet escort with:
3x disruptor DHC
1x quantum torp
3x disruptor turrets
engineering: EPS, neutronium, electroceramic
sci: assimilated mod, graviton pulse
tact: point quant chamber, 3x disruptor induction

and heres a link to my skills http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...tescortbuild_0

any hints, tips modifications or suggestions for elite stfs? in a normal stf i can tank a tact cube easily but in elite i get 2 shotted by the cubes. thx in advance
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Your ship build looks pretty solid, though I might swap the EPS Regulator with more armor, since its main function is to recover from Full Impulse, Beam Overload, and power transfers, but it doesn't do much for normal weapons use. I also notice a lack of a field generator, and you don't list your deflector/engine/shield. As far as Elite cubes 2-shotting you, yeah they do that, though with an EPTS and TT always up you should be more durable than that. Your skills aren't that efficient though, all those 9s are costing you points better spent elsewhere for relatively minor gains, but that isnt' something you can change so readily at this point. And what are your power settings at?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespin18
right now im flying a fleet escort with:
3x disruptor DHC
1x quantum torp
3x disruptor turrets
engineering: EPS, neutronium, electroceramic
sci: assimilated mod, graviton pulse
tact: point quant chamber, 3x disruptor induction

and heres a link to my skills http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...tescortbuild_0

any hints, tips modifications or suggestions for elite stfs? in a normal stf i can tank a tact cube easily but in elite i get 2 shotted by the cubes. thx in advance
BOFF powers on the Build look OK, aside from RSP. I'd pickup Aux2SIF1 instead for extra Hull Damage Resistance and Healing since you can always get a "free" RSP with a Shield Distribution DOFF (you can train Aux2SIF on the other ENG BOFF and keep RSP for other situations if you really want to keep it). I prefer having TSS2 and HE1 rather than the other way around given the longer resistance buff uptime on TSS and extra healing potential from Aux2SIF1, but that's a more minor point.

That's certainly not a bad ST damage setup. Technically Attack Pattern Omega could be moved to a LtCom Slot without giving up much, meaning you could then use the Com slot for Rapid Fire 3 (or Attack Pattern Beta 3 - even better for STFs since you'll buff teammate damage as well as your own. For that I'd move a copy of CRF2 down to CRF1 and drop one of the THY2s.) I'm personally much more a fan of AoE damage on STFs, meaning CSV and TS over CRF and THY, but if cube killing rather than probe kiling is your goal, go for it!

Concerning Skillpoints:

+ 9 points in Energy Spec does very very little benefit over 6.
+ I'd take the points out of Warp Coil and the extra 3 from Energy Spec and bump Projectile Spec to 6. Torpedos are your bread and butter against big bags of Hull Hitponts like cubes. Ideally the sweet spot is 2x Photon Launchers and 2 Purple Projectile Weapons DOFFs for maximum sustained DPS alongside your DHCs/Turrets... but that'll give up some spike damage from Quantums.
+ Subsystem repair skill is useless. Totally useless.
+ I'm personally not a great fan of Battery skill, but I can see it working for some people who actually use batteries in PVE regularly and want a longer duration buff from them.
+ Hull Plating is overslotted - if you want to tank cubes you should be aiming at Kinetic resistance for the torps anyway, not energy. This is why Escorts should slot Monotanium Alloy rather than neutronium when fighting cubes, especially when they have a MACO shield.
+ Inertial Dampeners and Power Insulators does nothing for you in PVE.
+ You have no skills that make use of Flow Capacitors.
+ EPS Systems Skill should be at least 6 for added effectiveness from EPTS1. It'll also help a bit when Transferring Power e.g. from Engines to Shields at the end of an attack run, etc.
+ Hull Repair is overslotted for the benefit it gives, ditto Shield Emitters and Shield Performance.
+ No Impulse Thrusters skill or Engine Performance Skill for extra speed/maneuverability/defence?
+ No Aux Performance Skill for extra Healing/Buff oomph? I'd put 3 in both it and Engines for an extra 5 power in each.

Ground skills need a bit of work for maximum damage on STFs too - you should be using Ambush and Tactical Initiative as your main buffs - you need 6 points in Squad Command to get 3 ambushes per TI cycle. You can pretty much ignore Willpower and Combat Armor with all the endgame equipment.

Try this build - it'll play much the same as your current one, but you should notice a bit more survivability and damage potential.

You should be able to take most hits from an Elite Tac Cube if you're spamming Aux2SIF and TSS2, running EPTS1 constantly with high shield setting for added Damage resistance and using 2x Monotanium Alloy Consoles in your Eng slots. Another thing you could try is a Vent Theta Radiation Console. Heavy Torpedo shots will die from the damage patch before they hit your hull.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-13-2012, 07:19 PM
i know my skills arent that great, when i created this toon i was completely new to the game and im always reluctant to start over because ill lose interest in the game lol

as for my deflector/engine/shield im using the borg set with the maco xi shield atm
and my power settings are as follows: weapons- 101/70 shields- 69/50 engines- 44/25 aux- 68/55

and finally, i hate ground combat in this game and avoid it if at all possible now that im not lvling anymore im strictly a space pve player here.
thanks for the feedback and any additional tips you can provide are highly appreciated
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespin18
i know my skills arent that great, when i created this toon i was completely new to the game and im always reluctant to start over because ill lose interest in the game lol
No worries, I've tweaked my builds a lot on each of my toons. It's what respec tokens are there for

Your Weapons power seems on the low side though - 125 is the cap, and it's really where you want to be idling if you're trying to do maximum damage. You should be able to hit 125 using a raw setting of 95 or 100.

Out of the four Power Presets I'd typically run at Capped Weapons with the rest to shields on #1, Max Aux and the rest to Shields on #2, Max Engines and the rest to Weapons on #3 and Capped Weapons with the rest balanced over both Aux and Shields on #4. That way, if I'm firing at something, I can use #4 if I'm not being fired back at and #1 if I am... and swap to #3 for chasing things or #2 for healing allies/support.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-14-2012, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelwys
No worries, I've tweaked my builds a lot on each of my toons. It's what respec tokens are there for

Your Weapons power seems on the low side though - 125 is the cap, and it's really where you want to be idling if you're trying to do maximum damage. You should be able to hit 125 using a raw setting of 95 or 100.

Out of the four Power Presets I'd typically run at Capped Weapons with the rest to shields on #1, Max Aux and the rest to Shields on #2, Max Engines and the rest to Weapons on #3 and Capped Weapons with the rest balanced over both Aux and Shields on #4. That way, if I'm firing at something, I can use #4 if I'm not being fired back at and #1 if I am... and swap to #3 for chasing things or #2 for healing allies/support.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! i have been searching everywhere for tips on how to set my power levels but most people that ive come across are very stingy about that info i do greatly appreciate that help alot!!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-14-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespin18
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! i have been searching everywhere for tips on how to set my power levels but most people that ive come across are very stingy about that info i do greatly appreciate that help alot!!!!
No Worries :p

The only ship I fly that has a vastly different power setup to that is my Tac Odyssey.

It's so big and slow that I need to divert a bit of Engine Power into it in order to let it Cap its Defence value, and whenever the saucer is seperated the power levels need to be adjusted, so I have one setting for Max DPS (with saucer), one for max DPS (without saucer), one for Maximum Healing/Support, and one for Speed.

(I can't remember the exact settings offhand, but I seem to remember it needs something like 75|60|40|25 when Broadsiding with both EPTW1 and EPTS3 running in order for me to be able to hit the Defence cap, whilst maintaining 125 Weapons Energy and 125 Shields Energy. It's very, very rare that I ever actually need that level of survivability though... Even Elite STFs don't require that much damage mitigation. Fleet Actions are pretty much the only time it's worth it!)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelwys
No Worries :p

The only ship I fly that has a vastly different power setup to that is my Tac Odyssey.

It's so big and slow that I need to divert a bit of Engine Power into it in order to let it Cap its Defence value, and whenever the saucer is seperated the power levels need to be adjusted, so I have one setting for Max DPS (with saucer), one for max DPS (without saucer), one for Maximum Healing/Support, and one for Speed.

(I can't remember the exact settings offhand, but I seem to remember it needs something like 75|60|40|25 when Broadsiding with both EPTW1 and EPTS3 running in order for me to be able to hit the Defence cap, whilst maintaining 125 Weapons Energy and 125 Shields Energy. It's very, very rare that I ever actually need that level of survivability though... Even Elite STFs don't require that much damage mitigation. Fleet Actions are pretty much the only time it's worth it!)
im not a big fan of cruisers, although if i were to get one it would be the tact oddy but only if i bought the bundle and got all 3 consoles for one ship
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-15-2012, 09:17 PM
For STF

Captian Skills:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...?build=stfFE_0

Those skill works good for STF and PvP, is a very flexible build. I left the ground skills untouch, i don't do ground combat so i can't give u good advices in that area.

Boff Skills:

Perfect, just replace 1 Rapid fire for 1 Scatter Voley, and both torpedo HY for torpedo Spread.
I usually run 2xScatter Voley, but that is up to you.

items:

3xDHC+ 1xQuantum
3xTurrets
Borg Deflector
Borg Engine
Maco Shield
Borg Console - Electroceramic - Monotanium (or Neutronium)
2xField Generator (MK XI blue +18% shield capacity each)
3xEnergy damage (disruptor induction coil in your case) - 1x Zero Point Chamber


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelwys
+ Hull Repair is overslotted for the benefit it gives, ditto Shield Emitters and Shield Performance.
wrong dude, those are probably 2 of the most valuable skill in the entire tree. They are very cheap (1k skill points per level only), and they boost all your heals: HE, TSS, etc (even the borg set procs get bonus from shield emitters and hull repair). Shield emitters also increase the duration of RSP
All the skills give an small bonus from 6 to 9, but some of those small bonus are worth
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88
For STF

Captian Skills:
http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...?build=stfFE_0

Those skill works good for STF and PvP, is a very flexible build. I left the ground skills untouch, i don't do ground combat so i can't give u good advices in that area.

Boff Skills:

Perfect, just replace 1 Rapid fire for 1 Scatter Voley, and both torpedo HY for torpedo Spread.
I usually run 2xScatter Voley, but that is up to you.

items:

3xDHC+ 1xQuantum
3xTurrets
Borg Deflector
Borg Engine
Maco Shield
Borg Console - Electroceramic - Monotanium (or Neutronium)
2xField Generator (MK XI blue +18% shield capacity each)
3xEnergy damage (disruptor induction coil in your case) - 1x Zero Point Chamber




wrong dude, those are probably 2 of the most valuable skill in the entire tree. They are very cheap (1k skill points per level only), and they boost all your heals: HE, TSS, etc (even the borg set procs get bonus from shield emitters and hull repair). Shield emitters also increase the duration of RSP
All the skills give an small bonus from 6 to 9, but some of those small bonus are worth
ive ran AoE builds before and i dont like them, i find that i pull too much aggro and while in norm atfs thats fine because like i said i can tank a tact cube in a normal stf easily but in elites it just gets me killed alot on top of that i dont like the idea of half my dps going to waste on mobs that are just being healed which is quite common in any stf. i do have enough boffs for a second build and it is set up for AoE for those days im chasing probes but for the sake of this thread im looking for single target dps.

with that said you are the first person who has suggested putting tho borg console in an engineering slot and doubling up on field generators, ill have to try that and see how it works thx for the input
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:44 AM.