Empire Veteran
I just want to be able to login and play. I realize this is a "f2p" game now, and I have no problem spending real cash on in game items once and a while, but actually take my ****ing money already.

--------------------------------

First off, I need to create/link a Perfect World account. Sounds simple, but I couldn't imagine a more convoluted or buggy process. I fill out the form to create an account...click submit...and nothing. No error message, no email confirmation, nothing. Do it again, nothing.

I read your FAQ and it says that your system tries to process emails every minute for six hours, so I shouldn't be surprised if it takes hours to get a response. Really? Six ****ing hours? I can go telnet into an SMTP server and send email in six minutes.

Then the username I want is "in use" (it wasn't after the first time). So I try something else, and seventeen errors (none of which seem to be legit name issues), I file a ticket with your support system.

Of course the "contact us" link from the account creation page goes to an investor relations page, but after 15 minutes of searching I find a contact form to submit a support ticket. I provide a detailed description of the problem, along with a phone number so you can call me back.

I get an automated email response saying that someone will look at my ticket in 3-4 business days. **** that. Seriously, I'm trying to hand you money and it's going to take 3-4 business days before you'll even look at it? I can call Blizzard and go talk to a real human support person 24-7, but I've got to wait 3 days for you? Hell, I work in support on a SaaS offering and if you call our support line, you'll be talking to a real person within 2 minutes, 24/7/365, including Christmas morning.

Six hours later, without hearing back from your support team, I finally have a linked PW/Cryptic account, and I'm ready to buy some ZEN...

So, now I go to buy, I mean "charge" ZEN.

First off, your terminology sucks. When I use a credit card, I get "charged" when the vendor makes a "charge". Your "Charge ZEN" term may make a lot of scense to a gamer who's trying to charge-up a special attack, but when you're processing my credit card please try to be professional and use terminology that isn't ambiguous.

Second, actually take my debit card. I know the card is good; I bought something from a local store yesterday, and I made a purchase from amazon this morning AFTER trying to buy Zen, so giving me a vague "we can't process that" error message is just obnoxious. If there's a problem, give me enough details that I can go troubleshoot it.

After dealing with Perfect World's payment processing system, I tried paypal. That at least took my money, but as soon as I get back to Perfect World I'm told that it will take a (unspecified) amount of time to process because I used an "echeck". According to your FAQ, that will be "weeks", plural, as in more than 7 days.

That's, once again, just ****ing nuts. I want to make a cstore purchase, and I've now spent more than eight hours hours just trying to give you my money.

I'm not an avid paypal user, but at the moment I'm looking through their site trying to find out if it's possible to cancel that payment. Looks like I'm stuck though.

I'm sick of this ****. I play games to relax, not to be ripped off and stressed out by incompetent developers who built nonfunctional payment schemes.
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-05-2012, 07:37 AM
It's also worth pointing out that I want to play STO this weekend. I'm on-call and tied to a computer this weekend, so I'd like to actually get in there and play. Giving me my ZEN next weekend (when I'm going camping), or the weekend after (when I've got family plans), or the weekend after that (when I'm traveling to a convention), etc., are not good options.
Career Officer
# 3
08-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I heard too many horror-stories about buying Zen, and remain too reluctant to give PWE any personal information on the off chance they haven't got it yet, to even try to buy Zen myself. I'm still getting by on the Gold (lifer) stipends and Dilithium for the most part, and Energy Credits for the stuff that goes to the exchange. This will easily last me till SWTOR goes F2P, or GW2 comes out, at which point I'll probably take a little vacation from STO and let the stipends build up, after which I will return, spend that, and then comes the coinflip.

C-points, despite repeated resolutions to the contrary, I never had any trouble buying, but this whole Zen business is really looking like far more trouble than it's worth.
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 08-05-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-05-2012, 08:39 AM
I personally have never had problems buying zen. you just have to remember once you buy zen, you have to transfer it over to the specific game you want.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-07-2012, 05:55 AM
This just got even more fun.

It turns out the default credit card proccessor used by Perfect World, "Money Bookers" recently renamed "Skrill", has generated so many fraud complaints to my tiny local bank that my bank automatically denies any transactions to Money Bookers and also cancels any card used to try making a purchase with Money Bookers.

I of course found this out when I went to buy lunch yesterday and my card was rejected.

Please consider me a very unhappy customer (or wanna be customer) at this point.
Rihannsu
# 6
08-07-2012, 06:55 AM
If you dont trust (or like) PWE or its payment options, try using valves steam software, download it, and install STO via it, and after you put some funds into your steam wallet it only takes a few mouse clicks to get zen into your sto account.

Thats what i do, and if you dont want any third party software running when playing STO then theres no problem, just locate the "Star Trek Online.exe" in the folder path "\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online\" and you can run the game like normal without steam, and only use steam when you need to buy zen.
-----------------------------------------------

HHMMMMMmmmmm, Pizza !!!!!
Captain
# 7
08-07-2012, 07:07 AM
This is exactly why I avoid going anywhere near buying zen online. So recently I went to Target and bought a preapid zen card, then got my zen that way. Buying a prepaid card saves a lot of hastle, if you want to buy zen I reccomend Steam or a prepaid card. And with the prepaid card it took all of... less than a second for it to proccess and verify it. Once it did that, I just transferred the zen to STO and got my shiny new Defiant retro.
Captain
# 8
08-07-2012, 07:10 AM
This is why I dont buy zen through the web. I get the Prepaid cards.

May the Prophets guide us in these cryptic times....
Career Officer
# 9
08-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadix1 View Post
This just got even more fun.

It turns out the default credit card proccessor used by Perfect World, "Money Bookers" recently renamed "Skrill", has generated so many fraud complaints to my tiny local bank that my bank automatically denies any transactions to Money Bookers and also cancels any card used to try making a purchase with Money Bookers.

I of course found this out when I went to buy lunch yesterday and my card was rejected.

Please consider me a very unhappy customer (or wanna be customer) at this point.
Any decent bank (yeah right, are any decent?) will put a stop on a debt card if it is used in an 'out of character' way. This is just how it works.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-07-2012, 08:09 AM
If you use Paypal you get bonus zen for purchases of $50 or more. Plus Paypal (IMHO) is the best way to use credit cards online.

(No, I'm not employed by them, I just like them!!)