Career Officer
# 1 Trolls on Drozana
08-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Why is it that Cryptic and PW allow this harassment and trolling to continue by certain trolling fleets on Drozana Station and other social zones?
I along with many other gold members have paid a lot of money through subscriptions and the c-store to support this game though the years. Yet the Devs are continuing to allowing trolls to make enjoying the game impossible.
I along with many others will not invest any more money in this game until the GM's that are suppose to Police this type of behavior actually do their jobs and end all this harassment of players.
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Drozana is a very special place. This kind of place exists in every MMO. You can't do much against "trolls", since being slightly annoying isn't against the rules. As long as they don't insult you it's ok I guess.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-07-2012, 11:15 AM
How about instance limiting

1 an instance only for Lifetime members and Gold members Everything fully enabled

2 An instance only for Free players NOTHING enabled (no social items no weapons)

3 a Secure area for Roleplayers with a Live full time moderator

4 an "Adult " instance strictly over 21s as above

5 a "dentist" instance (all spam systems active and only place you can go if you have a chat ban)

6 mission instance (all chats and special effects disabled)
Super Moderator
# 4
08-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Without naming names (against forum rules), what "trollish" behavior are you referring to, exactly?

Even if the Devs wanted to do something about it, they'd need to know what was going on first.

Annoying behavior is kind of subjective. What annoys you might not annoy me, etc.

What matters is whether it's true harassment and whether that particular form of harassment is something they can/will do something about.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Without naming names (against forum rules), what "trollish" behavior are you referring to, exactly?

Even if the Devs wanted to do something about it, they'd need to know what was going on first.

Annoying behavior is kind of subjective. What annoys you might not annoy me, etc.

What matters is whether it's true harassment and whether that particular form of harassment is something they can/will do something about.
Well I guess it's about the party popers.

OP:
K7 is a good station too, you have the same services and it's very close to drozana. You may migrate if there are people you don't want to see. It would take you less time than complaining on the forums.
Ensign
# 6
08-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Quarks also works too. At least there both KDF and Feds can go there unlike K-7 or Ganalda (nobody is ever in Ganalda). That and it is surrounded by everything you need such as an exchange and a costume vendor.
Picard to Chunk, do the truffle shuffle!
Captain
# 7
08-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Trolls = Profit...

I'm sure it's somewhere in PWE's rules of acquisition. Probably right after "Once you have their money, never give it back".

As long as they have a place to harass, they are happy... when they are happy they feel like spending money. That simple, and PWE knows it.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Super Moderator
# 8
08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post

1 an instance only for Lifetime members and Gold members Everything fully enabled

2 An instance only for Free players NOTHING enabled (no social items no weapons)
Assuming of course that "trolls" only play for free and that free players don't deserve the same social experience as Golds.

Quote:

First of all, how do you expect PWE to police that? Do we all need to submit to a retinal scan before playing the game? How exactly do you keep non-Roleplayers out?

Second of all, how many in-game moderators do you think PWE would need to hire to supervise all of these "instances" throughout the game? Because the game engine guarantees that you would need a special instance for each zone or area.

Should they do this for a "Free to Play" game? Probably not going to happen.

Quote:
5 a "dentist" instance (all spam systems active and only place you can go if you have a chat ban)

I'm getting downright curious about these Dentist guys.

By definition, if they're banned from chat they can't bother anybody with chat. They can "get in your face", true. You could take a screenshot and put in a ticket, I guess. But you could also try to zone into a new instance, couldn't you?

I'm just not sure it's reasonable to expect Cryptic to spin up a new separate zone instance just because a handful of players have chat disabled. If a player is behaving badly enough, PWE can revoke their account... and then they can get a new email address and start another one.

Which sucks for sure, but the alternative is punishing all of the Silver accounts for the misdeeds of a few and I don't think that's fair or good for the game as a whole.

The only thing to do is politely ask people to stop the behavior that's annoying you, quietly file a ticket if the behavior is extreme, and then ignore them the best you can.

I understand that filing tickets is probably not going to be productive in a lot of cases. But that's what we've got.

As far as mission instances go, I could see disabling certain items like party poppers. But chat? Not everybody uses voicechat. Also, some RP'ers use Foundry missions and maybe they might want party poppers. Probably not, but there's no accounting for taste and a sense of "what the heck".
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 9
08-07-2012, 11:51 AM
What I don't understand, is WHY people find they need to go out of their way to disrupt someone elses game play, or make the game unenjoyable for anyone. This game is rampant with it. From Griefers to Trolls to Ragers and the list goes on and on.

I am not a Role Player (TBH, I find it a little disturbing), but if that is your thing... Then please enjoy yourself (it is a game after all). I had read the feud between some RP'ers and a certain fleet here on the forums, and honestly (out of morbid curiosity more than anything else) went to Dronza to see what all the whoopla was about.

I was there, basically minding my own business doing some banking and exchanging (and reading the zone/local chat)... I did not engage in local or zone chat... did not approach any other player directly... I ran from bank to exchange, and back... thats about it. I was approached several times by RP'ers with offers.. some shall we say... would be best left in a strip club or brothel... others just trying to include me in their RP (not necessarily in a sexual way (i take this as the RP community trying to involve other RP'ers in the event), In both types, I politely explained that I was not a role player, in one case I was left alone, and we parted amicably (thank you to those persons), in other cases, they either continued to initiate contact, or got a little heated that I was not participating and evidently ruining their immersion... one suggested that if I wasnt into RP, then I shouldn't be on Dronza.

Also realize, that there is no Official RP Zone, as such all players are welcome on Dronza.

By the way, I am a paying customer as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax

Assuming of course that "trolls" only play for free and that free players don't deserve the same social experience as Golds.
FTP don't pay and therefore should get less

Quote:
Quote:

First of all, how do you expect PWE to police that? Do we all need to submit to a retinal scan before playing the game? How exactly do you keep non-Roleplayers out?
see "live full time moderator"
as to age
its on your CREDIT card details in some cases

Quote:
Second of all, how many in-game moderators do you think PWE would need to hire to supervise all of these "instances" throughout the game? Because the game engine guarantees that you would need a special instance for each zone or area.
1 for each of 2 instances

only talking about Drozana here

Quote:
Should they do this for a "Free to Play" game? Probably not going to happen.

they could "hire" players (free gold members for doing a two hour shift each day)

Quote:
Quote:

I'm getting downright curious about these Dentist guys.
they are deviant

Quote:
By definition, if they're banned from chat they can't bother anybody with chat. They can "get in your face", true. You could take a screenshot and put in a ticket, I guess. But you could also try to zone into a new instance, couldn't you?
no because they Cover ALL instances

Quote:
I'm just not sure it's reasonable to expect Cryptic to spin up a new separate zone instance just because a handful of players have chat disabled. If a player is behaving badly enough, PWE can revoke their account... and then they can get a new email address and start another one.
ah but these dentist guys are not that bright in general
it would take them DAYS to figure that out

Quote:
Which sucks for sure, but the alternative is punishing all of the Silver accounts for the misdeeds of a few and I don't think that's fair or good for the game as a whole.
beats a few thousand people quitting or a war

Quote:
The only thing to do is politely ask people to stop the behavior that's annoying you, quietly file a ticket if the behavior is extreme, and then ignore them the best you can.

I understand that filing tickets is probably not going to be productive in a lot of cases. But that's what we've got.
well code 5 is helping
you see a dentist in pve you ignore them
they go down you leave them down
the borg assimilate them you leave them

Quote:
As far as mission instances go, I could see disabling certain items like party poppers. But chat? Not everybody uses voicechat. Also, some RP'ers use Foundry missions and maybe they might want party poppers. Probably not, but there's no accounting for taste and a sense of "what the heck".
The 4 F's: Friendship, Freedom, Fun, and Fair-Play
Freedom isn't free im afraid
Closed Thread