Career Officer
# 31
08-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I guess they should open a church as social zone for some people here. Only americans are prudish enough to be shocked by two or more women dancing together.
Speaking as an American... I'd go for both
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Community Moderator
# 32
08-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
I should be able to go to whatever station I want and use the facilities freely.
Maybe this is a good argument for making facilities freely available on ships and starbases.

If the only reason to visit a hub where people are misbehaving is convenient use of facilities, then making those facilities available outside those hubs would allow people to conduct their business in peace.

For the record, I am saying that maybe Cryptic should just turn all those QoL services on inside the starbases and stop making us grind for them. There are plenty of other things we can grind for.

Better yet, make some of those services accessible from the starship interiors and let visitors enjoy the use of them.

I understand that Cryptic really wants those common social areas... but when the social areas become anti-social we need alternatives.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Ensign
# 33
08-07-2012, 12:45 PM
ERP and Mature behavior:

Keep it in private, and out of local. If you are in private, nobody can troll you for it. In Local and Zone, you are publicly announcing it, which is a reportable offense. Just keep it to yourself, and enjoy in private.

Trolls and Dentists:

While there is no rule against trolling, per-se, there are measures in the ToS that they are in violation of. Reference article 10 (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another
When one asks you to stop, and you continue anyway, that is harassment. When they move out of the way and you continue to chase them with your fire extinguisher, that is stalking.

Also reference 10 (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;

By their own admission, Dentists' goals are to disrupt and disturb other users, which is in clear violation of this clause. This would also include the apparent Dentist "operation" to infiltrate other fleets and "take everything and leave nothing but tears"

This goes way beyond simple trolling. This is an organized assault against STO players.
Community Moderator
# 34
08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I guess they should open a church as social zone

They did. It's called Bajor.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 35
08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis2032 View Post
ERP and Mature behavior:

Keep it in private, and out of local. If you are in private, nobody can troll you for it. In Local and Zone, you are publicly announcing it, which is a reportable offense. Just keep it to yourself, and enjoy in private.

Trolls and Dentists:

While there is no rule against trolling, per-se, there are measures in the ToS that they are in violation of. Reference article 10 (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another
When one asks you to stop, and you continue anyway, that is harassment. When they move out of the way and you continue to chase them with your fire extinguisher, that is stalking.

Also reference 10 (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;

By their own admission, Dentists' goals are to disrupt and disturb other users, which is in clear violation of this clause. This would also include the apparent Dentist "operation" to infiltrate other fleets and "take everything and leave nothing but tears"

This goes way beyond simple trolling. This is an organized assault against STO players.
Indeed, I agree with this completely, ask them politely to stop then report under these sections of the ToS. Though I would recommend holding off on discussing the ToS or EULA further, we have been told this should not be discussed in the forums, though I am not sure WHERE we can discuss them.
Empire Veteran
# 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
I should be able to go to whatever station I want and use the facilities freely.
You are already able to use them freely. But you're complaining because people don't play the game the way you play it. That's really sad to read that in a game, if you can't stand people (and by people I mean every single person, even the "annoying" ones), don't play a multiplayer game...
Banned
# 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis2032 View Post
This is an organized assault against E-rp players.

I am not a part of starfleet dental or it's affiliates, but I understand their mission quite well.

They don't care about rpers. What they do care about, is E Rp being handled publicly, at least that is the understanding I have gained from speaking with them.

Now for those wondering "what is a pvper doing here in an rp land thread", I'm here because someone asked me to read, and peek my head in.

Ya'll have fun doing whatever, but please keep the E Rp to yourselves. It's distracting as all hell when I come to level a toon, (especially since most of the E Rpers also can not type properly to save their lives) Not only that I kind of find it a little creepy when one or more people come onto my character, and proceed to stalk me across instances, or even zones after I've already said no thank you.

Also if you don't want people interfering don't do it in public, the same follows for nailing someone out of game in a public place. You best expect, gawkers, or worse hecklers about your techniques if you're going to be strutting your stuff.
Ensign
# 38
08-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palek2000 View Post
Indeed, I agree with this completely, ask them politely to stop then report under these sections of the ToS. Though I would recommend holding off on discussing the ToS or EULA further, we have been told this should not be discussed in the forums, though I am not sure WHERE we can discuss them.
If Dentists and Dental sympathizers are allowed to promote how their behavior does not violate the rules, we should be allowed to legally demonstrate the fallacy in their defense.

Defending the abused should not be a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavairo View Post
I am not a part of starfleet dental or it's affiliates, but I understand their mission quite well.

They don't care about rpers. What they do care about, is E Rp being handled publicly, at least that is the understanding I have gained from speaking with them.

Now for those wondering "what is a pvper doing here in an rp land thread", I'm here because someone asked me to read, and peek my head in.

Ya'll have fun doing whatever, but please keep the E Rp to yourselves. It's distracting as all hell when I come to level a toon, (especially since most of the E Rpers also can not type properly to save their lives) Not only that I kind of find it a little creepy when one or more people come onto my character, and proceed to stalk me across instances, or even zones after I've already said no thank you.

Also if you don't want people interfering don't do it in public, the same follows for nailing someone out of game in a public place. You best expect, gawkers, or worse hecklers about your techniques if you're going to be strutting your stuff.
As I already stated, ERP in local and zone is, in fact, a crime. But their attacks arent limited to ERPers, and their own rhetoric and propoganda forums describes war against roleplayers and furries.

Last edited by crisis2032; 08-07-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Banned
# 39
08-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Scourging the cybersexers out of Drozana and Risa and all their other hidey holes with whips and fire extinguishers is a public service, not abuse.

And as far as stalking goes, there've been people yelling in Drozana that they'll paypal people money for the real life names and addresses of Dental members, so, uh, yeah.
Career Officer
# 40
08-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm certain that every ship comes equipped with a crew area. And its invitation only. So host an event on your ship.

There are also new star bases. They are invitation only. So host an event on your star base.

There's not much else you can really do. The trolls will be celebrated and made into heroes, whilst everyone that role plays in spades and is in denial that they are doing so, will slam the admitted role players.

Because the BEST role players are SO DEEP in character they no longer even realize it.

Good luck! Maybe this will give some incentive for more social gamers to group up and get some bases equipped with all the goodies!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Closed Thread