Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi All

Has anyone heard or read about this type of propulsion technology which some name Chang Diaz and has company Ad Astra Rocket Company have been making this and testing it for years. http://www.adastrarocket.com/aarc/

It has the ability to send a an object to a Mars in 39 days! Yet I have browsed around on the web and nothing new has been mentioned about this so does anyone know what is happening?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2012, 06:15 PM
To slow
Try this one
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2012, 06:17 PM
the test launch has been delayed until 2014 and may be even farther back than that.

wiki

For future reference, when you try to search for anything relating to it search "magento plasma engine" not "Vasimr" you'll get a lot more results and a lot more accurate ones.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2012, 06:29 PM
Space just doesn't seem to be awesome any more.....
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2012, 07:50 PM
max planck quantum network/

something I predicted two years ago even going so far as to contact hawking, as in Stephen Hawking's office about it, and told rather curtly that I didn't know what I was talking about.

Yet here it is two years later and two german scientists do the experiment as I laid out. Using Quantum Entanglement to transmit "Classical" information.

the key: was using a photon, which does not have superposition as a possible state, to encode the state of the atom into the polarity of the photon, thus allowing you to transmit, positive and negative states, while getting rid of the superposition "static".

by allowing one to encode the state into the polarity of the photon, you get a clear positive and negative states of the photon, in doing so permits the expression of 1 and 0 which is binary, through which classical information can be transmitted.

Huzzah!!!

-AE
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Ah, the plasma rocket. I remember seeing this on a Nova Science Now. They had a whole special on how to get to Mars, they talked allot about this propulsion system, interesting stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Man here I think I was being original and someone has beaten to the punch years beforehand.

This is B/S

Well, someday hopefully I will beat someone to the punch.

Lt. Commander
# 8
05-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusDragoon View Post
To slow
Try this one
Nice, but it does not exist alot of difficulties there. Nice try though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
the test launch has been delayed until 2014 and may be even farther back than that.

wiki

For future reference, when you try to search for anything relating to it search "magento plasma engine" not "Vasimr" you'll get a lot more results and a lot more accurate ones.
I have read that page several times it does not mention about it being delayed to 2014, can you tell where it says it?

I thought they were going to put the VF-200 on the ISS last year or this year. I have seen documentaries on the Discovery channels that say they have been making this since 2003, why the long wait if it works!?

According to this clip, http://www.adastrarocket.com/aarc/VASIMR , they were planning to have the VF-200 on the ISS, does anyone know if they have done this? I have searched and nothing is mentioned on the web.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
max planck quantum network/

something I predicted two years ago even going so far as to contact hawking, as in Stephen Hawking's office about it, and told rather curtly that I didn't know what I was talking about.

Yet here it is two years later and two german scientists do the experiment as I laid out. Using Quantum Entanglement to transmit "Classical" information.

the key: was using a photon, which does not have superposition as a possible state, to encode the state of the atom into the polarity of the photon, thus allowing you to transmit, positive and negative states, while getting rid of the superposition "static".

by allowing one to encode the state into the polarity of the photon, you get a clear positive and negative states of the photon, in doing so permits the expression of 1 and 0 which is binary, through which classical information can be transmitted.

Huzzah!!!

-AE
Well apparently they have experimenting with plasma engine since the beginning of the space race its just now it is more efficient and faster i think. What happened to the Deep Space 1 ion engine? isn't that just as good as the Vasimr engine, maybe they could use both at the same time.