Super Moderator
# 31
08-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love the Fleet Marks all the time and the ability to downgrade our DOFFs, just wondering if the Downgrade is going to be like many of the other DOFF things and provide an unusually high number of Civilian DOFFs that are all but worthless in the Starbase projects.
Civvies can still be dismissed for Dilithium or ground up in exchange for a higher quality DOFF, so they're not totally useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srafaorasp View Post
This may sound like a stupid request.

we have the character transfer....

but can we have fleet transfer. so we can test things like this. and not have to grind up a tribble starbase that may be deleted at any time.
Agreed. If I go on Tribble it's to test new features, not grind up my character's level or pump resources into levelling a starbase that's not really going to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Oh great you're about to kill doffing.

What's the point of playing the officer exchanges, asylums, and colonial chains if fleets are able to buy any doff they want without playing the game or using the exchange?
What Captain Revo said. Besides, it didn't say you could buy any doff you want... it said you could buy officers for "specific disciplines", whatever that means.

It could mean specific departments. It could mean certain specializations, but not all. It could mean the species and traits are still as random as ever.

Be interested to hear the specifics, if anybody's managed to grind up a Tribble starbase high enough to find out.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
08-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Cunsidering how hard it is to get white duffs besides recruitment assignments, it was about time for the duff exchange, so you could get 3 whites for 1 green. Right now our fleet base is stuck in Tear 2 assignments because you need like 60 assault squaddies etc. ... well, where to get that many if your fleet is only around 15 people strung? Not everyone can mak snip and give 4 assault squaddies, and those assignments will return and need another 60 ... got it?
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Lieutenant
# 33
08-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Updated the Fleet Mark rewards for the Tholian and Defera Invasions.
They now reward as follows:
When fleet hour is OFF: easy = 3 FM, medium = 6 FM, hard = 20 FM.
When fleet hour is ON: easy = 6 FM, medium = 12 FM, hard = 25 FM.
Wait, during fleet hour everyting is awarded double, but the hard one only get + 5? With the cool down that's not really a bonus reward, is it.

And what about the zone wide reward?
P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh!
Career Officer
# 34
08-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Zone Wide gave already Marks even without Event maybe they dont change at all
18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
08-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Civvies can still be dismissed for Dilithium or ground up in exchange for a higher quality DOFF, so they're not totally useless.
That is why I stated "Civilian DOFFs that are all but worthless in the Starbase projects."

I really don't want to have to turn 5 white civilians into a Green, just so that I can turn them into 3 Whites I MIGHT be able to use. With my RNG luck I would turn 5 White Civilians into 3 White Civilians. I really just want something to do with the Civilians as well, or "Officer Exchanges" (you can't put civilians in but that is about all I ever get from them) and DOFF Unpacker having a significantly lower chance for Civilians.
Career Officer
# 36
08-08-2012, 09:07 AM
i thought you can use one green maybe Deflector Doff and get for them 3 white Deflector Doffs and not somethink else but i might be wrong
18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
That is why I stated "Civilian DOFFs that are all but worthless in the Starbase projects."

I really don't want to have to turn 5 white civilians into a Green, just so that I can turn them into 3 Whites I MIGHT be able to use. With my RNG luck I would turn 5 White Civilians into 3 White Civilians. I really just want something to do with the Civilians as well, or "Officer Exchanges" (you can't put civilians in but that is about all I ever get from them) and DOFF Unpacker having a significantly lower chance for Civilians.
It's not like you don't need any green DOFF's for the base.... and beyond that those Green you don't need trade up to blue, which then trade up to Purple, for which there are at least 9 different purps that may be needed on projects.

What I don't get is why there are not any projects needing Blue DOFFs (outside of the one needing a Blue Refugee). Am I missing soemthing there?
Commander
# 38
08-08-2012, 11:05 AM
*double post*

Last edited by dkeith2011; 08-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Commander
# 39
08-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.20.20120729.9

General:
  • Resolved an issue that caused long delays when starting up new queue maps.
  • Updated the Fleet Mark rewards for the Tholian and Defera Invasions.
    • They now reward as follows:
      • When fleet hour is OFF: easy = 3 FM, medium = 6 FM, hard = 20 FM.
      • When fleet hour is ON: easy = 6 FM, medium = 12 FM, hard = 25 FM.
  • Updated the Fleet Event info text to mention the Defera Invasion as a source of fleet marks.

FMs aren't the problem, the huge quantities of other materials needed is. We need way to convert FMs into other materials.

Duty Officers:
  • Added "Officer Exchange" assignments to Personnel Officers at Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy.
    • These officers will allow you to take assignments that will exchange a single Green, Blue or Purple Duty Officer for 3 of one rarity level lower.
      • e.g.: 1 Green for 3 Whites

Good step in the right direction if the downgrade is to the same type of DOff.

• New fleet duty officers are now available!
    • The Personnel Officer in your starbase's Ops area can provide these new Duty Officers.
    • Each officer is commissioned individually.
    • You must have at least a tier 1 starbase to commission a general Duty Officer.
    • As you unlock higher tier starbases, better guaranteed quality officers become available.
    • Unlocking facilities at tier 2 and above also allows purchase of officers for specific disciplines.
    • These officers may have new active roster powers and new arrangements for fleets.
    • As with all Duty Officers, the type received is random.

Good except for the random part. If we have to grind for months to even get the optiion then we should be able to pick the DOff we want.
*points up*

In red up there.
Empire Veteran
# 40
08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fflionheart View Post
I too have been around since Open Beta and I agree with what you've been saying . The Cryptic Devs do the best job they can in the situation they are in and I regularly try to convey that to the people I play with.

OT: Not sure about the console interact fx mentioned. As has already been said in this thread, I thought it was at its best when just the object you interacted with (screen/door) flashed briefly. It was simple and subtle, unlike the fx we've had since F2P which are essentially massive neon signs. However I understand the need for it to be eye-catching.

Happy about the Fleet mark reward changes and the addition of DOff downgrading will be welcomed by many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
Well Said! I read so many of these threads and have also been here since the beginning as a lifetime subscriber. I've seen things for the better and the worse but I'm here to enjoy myself for the hundreds of $$$ I've spent. I can choose to let little details bother me or work within the system and enjoy myself. I think suggestions are great but the flood of complaining and whining over trivial matters since F2P is ridiculous. The game devs and everyone involved want you to enjoy the game. An artist doesn't paint a picture so everyone hates his work. I say everyone offer constructive feedback and when something good comes along like the FM modification... be happy
Glad to know I'm not alone
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.