Career Officer
# 1 Returning lvl 50, how to gear?
08-05-2012, 06:53 PM
As a returning level 50, I've been trying to find info on gear. I have been gone since Season 3, but have lots of crafting mats and dilithium apparently. What is the best gear to get pre-STF? Or a handy guide? I have been looking in the forums and wiki but unable to find something for us returners.

Appreciate any help!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-05-2012, 06:55 PM
This is the STO Wiki page you need...

http://www.stowiki.org/Set

Lots of sets available from PvE/STF/Crafting.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 3
08-05-2012, 07:07 PM
STF gear is still considered the top gear in the game. Fleet gear may be a little better, but this is debatable depending on who you talk to. Not counting STF gear, the next best thing is probably the crafted gear for weapons, and one of the sets for ship gear.
# 4
08-05-2012, 07:28 PM
I made a goggle spreadsheet with all replayable missions and their reward options (searchable) for both Feds and KDF. Link is below.

http://tinyurl.com/STO-MissionReward-Spreadsheet

Hope it helps.
Career Officer
# 5
08-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the tips. Mildly related question, but in my skills I can only spend 66,000 ground skill points. Why can't I use the rest?
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
08-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1misterglass View Post
Thanks for the tips. Mildly related question, but in my skills I can only spend 66,000 ground skill points. Why can't I use the rest?
Yeah its changed also with the skills revamp. They have split the skill points now, so that you can not pump them all into space skills and leave the ground skills. On the up side, the separate Energy Type skills (phaser, plasma, tetyon, etc) have been removed now.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
I made a goggle spreadsheet with all replayable missions and their reward options (searchable) for both Feds and KDF. Link is below.

http://tinyurl.com/STO-MissionReward-Spreadsheet

Hope it helps.
Very nice, thanks!

A slight suggestion - you should sign with your @ handle on the intro page. I'm more than absent-minded and will completely forget where I got it/who to thank. Nice job
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Career Officer
# 8
08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Yeah its changed also with the skills revamp. They have split the skill points now, so that you can not pump them all into space skills and leave the ground skills. On the up side, the separate Energy Type skills (phaser, plasma, tetyon, etc) have been removed now.
I meant that in my skills window, it says I have only used 66,000 ground skill points when 100,000 is the max. I am at level 50 and I cannot put more points into anything else.
Empire Veteran
# 9
08-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1misterglass View Post
I meant that in my skills window, it says I have only used 66,000 ground skill points when 100,000 is the max. I am at level 50 and I cannot put more points into anything else.
That's just letting you know you can spend up to 100k on ground skills, not that you're supposed to. It's up to you how much you spend on it. Whenever the level cap gets raised we should be getting more skill points, so don't sweat it.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Career Officer
# 10
08-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Oh. Because for space skills it says "All skill points allocated" which makes sense that there are no more space skill points. Ground there is a big difference and I don't even have enough points to put something into the tier 5 skills.