08-08-2012, 12:20 PM
or don't stealth
communicate with your team
work clockwise
and get all four
Captain
# 12
08-08-2012, 12:21 PM
On the issue of calling left & right, imo it's better to just use the colors on the ground that outline each of the 4 areas, eg blue for top right. It's easy to get turned around and the minimap isn't a help on this mission. Also, for part 2 call the area cleared so people don't waste time running into a cleared area, eg blue clear.
Captain
# 13
08-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
I have managed to carry others before, and can take out all 4 saboteurs on my own in second round using stealth most of the time, but once in awhile ill get unlucky and get killed and only manage to take 3 out, so to make sure we don't lose points still need a few others who can do the job just in case.
In that case, maybe you need to use your contacts and get a couple VA friends to show up when you run this, or stick to Private runs where you don't have to trouble yourself with the random draw of PUGging a public Que.

Seriously, you're making VA's LOOK BAD, like elitist douches. You're also making your FLEET look bad.

Sollvax's suggestions are more or less 'take or leave' ideas, but a part of me REALLY likes #10 in relation to the Fleet Mark events. It's probably the single bit that doesn't require massive re-coding of the game mechanics with attendant long hours of down-time while the server gets updated.
Career Officer
# 14
08-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
It is a sad thing, that some people who have reached Level 50 (VA's) tend to think that anyone not a VA is unworthy of their time...
The Event calendar forces you to squeeze in as much value as you can in the space of 2 hours for the bonus FMs.

So anyone under VA is already hampering the team's performance, at no penalty to themselves.

There is no excuse in a game that takes about 2 to 3 days to reach max level to be doing this.

The public queues should be separate (privates should be able to do whatever they want so fleets can schedule events for all levels), even something simple as two brackets for 1-30 and a second bracket for 31-50 would suffice.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Actually VA's hamper much more then the lowbies

I have Watched (tuesday) the following exchange (corrected for spelling and only approximate as it was not recordable off the screen)

Team spawn in

Team chat message (me) "Hello"

Team chat message (VA liberated borg) "Hi"

Team chat message (VA Human in full maco) "Right Here are your orders , (name 1) se (name 2 ) sw (name 3) ne (name 4 ) nw Im on Centre "

Team chat message (Lt com Vulcan ) "er HI I only know the NE area can i swap?"

Local chat message (Va maco) "NOOOOOB"

Team chat message (Capt human full TOS uniform) "yeah we can swap"

Team message (me) "three seconds"

Team message (VA liberated borg) "Go go go"

Team message ( VA maco) "MOVE OUT MARINES "

a few minutes later (end of phase)

Team message (VA maco) "only 23? you guys SUCK "

FACT he had been revived (by the lt com at least TWICE and had spent his time stood on the crates right of the console in the centre SNIPING )
Career Officer
# 16
08-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I was playing my Klingon Lt.Gen. a few minutes ago. I answered the Borg Red Alert in Omega Leonis. I had just hit the space bar to activate my weapons to fire at the first group of enemies nearest the beam in point. Then the game crashed. I am terribly embarrassed and deeply sorry. The only thing I can think of that would have saved me from "leaving" is to have not responded to the hail. I do not know the other players who were there nor did I take the time to see what level they were. I don't judge, and I don't leave because I think they can't hang. I stick it out and if I fail I take it like a warrior. But we were not failing because it had just started. For all I know the other players noticed me disappear and will be calling me all kinds of bad names forever. Again, I apologize.
Career Officer
# 17
08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Don't blame people for beaming/warping out, blame the devs for not putting lowbies in their own instance.
I most certainly do blame people for beaming/warping out because;

1) It is an inconvienence to the rest of the players... they have done nothing to hurt you, other than queue for a match that is designed to be open to everyone

and

2) There are options to avoid teams you do not want.

You have TODAY (without a single bit of development, coding, or programming) access to the ability to create private matches. Create you matches with only those people you deem worthy of your time, find or create channels for people such as yourself, who want only to play at a certain level. There is nothing wrong with you doing this, if it increases your enjoyment of the game. Nothing is stopping you from doing this the very next time you login.

If however, you join a public queue for an event that is designed to be open for all player levels... and leave because you don't like the looks of another player (skill or whatnot)... then you deserve to be penalized as a leaver.

It is an avoidable situation for everyone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Career Officer
# 18
08-08-2012, 12:50 PM
People have been screaming and asking this for ages for both PvE and PvP content, Cryptic is too lazy to abide.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
I most certainly do blame people for beaming/warping out because;

1) It is an inconvienence to the rest of the players... they have done nothing to hurt you, other than queue for a match that is designed to be open to everyone

and

2) There are options to avoid teams you do not want.

You have TODAY (without a single bit of development, coding, or programming) access to the ability to create private matches. Create you matches with only those people you deem worthy of your time, find or create channels for people such as yourself, who want only to play at a certain level. There is nothing wrong with you doing this, if it increases your enjoyment of the game. Nothing is stopping you from doing this the very next time you login.

If however, you join a public queue for an event that is designed to be open for all player levels... and leave because you don't like the looks of another player (skill or whatnot)... then you deserve to be penalized as a leaver.

It is an avoidable situation for everyone.

^^^gets it.
Captain
# 20
08-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
The Event calendar forces you to squeeze in as much value as you can in the space of 2 hours for the bonus FMs.

So anyone under VA is already hampering the team's performance, at no penalty to themselves.

There is no excuse in a game that takes about 2 to 3 days to reach max level to be doing this.

The public queues should be separate (privates should be able to do whatever they want so fleets can schedule events for all levels), even something simple as two brackets for 1-30 and a second bracket for 31-50 would suffice.
REALLY? The phenomena of "Leechers" at VA level is common enough that even on the off-hours periods I mostly play (as in, no "Event" increasing the swag because I get on so late PST) I've seen it, and seen VA's who couldn't handle themselves too-because they PROMOTED TOO FAST.

Level=/=ability. I've seen Lt. Commanders who do more to achieve the mission in Fleet Events than the Vice Admiral hiding in the Turbolift or in respawn land while everyone else is doing the fighting-including that Lt. in his crap Cerberus.

SCORE is about CONTRIBUTION, there's plenty of options for you if you never want to deal with those 'feelthy N00bz", you already HAVE those options, if you can't handle luck-of-the-draw formations, you should exercise those options and cease with the whinging.