Career Officer
# 21
08-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
The Event calendar forces you to squeeze in as much value as you can in the space of 2 hours for the bonus FMs.

So anyone under VA is already hampering the team's performance, at no penalty to themselves.

There is no excuse in a game that takes about 2 to 3 days to reach max level to be doing this.

The public queues should be separate (privates should be able to do whatever they want so fleets can schedule events for all levels), even something simple as two brackets for 1-30 and a second bracket for 31-50 would suffice.
Ahhh Ulti... ya know I love ya right?

To me this is no different then the ppp channel you and I belong to...

The purpose of the channel was to build a private team for STF's, and mission succeeded... we can pick and choose who belongs to the channel and so on... and thereby avoid the queues, and the randomness that comes from them.

Why should the fleet marks events be any different?

The fleet events work as advertised and intended ... open to all a players regardless of level. The dev's were clear on this...

So instead of as I stated above... I have no problem with anyone that wants to form private matches, or pre-build teams before queuing the team... to get the odds in their favor in regards to skills they want to see in a match... I do this myself. No fuss, No Muss... Nonody is inconvienanced. No one is left at a disadvantage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Captain
# 22
08-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm a VA and would never leave a mission no matter how low the team is or how badly they may be doing. I joined when the game went FTP and since then I have become annoyed at some of the high level players seem to think the new or lower level characters are useless and tend to beam out or leave. I believe leaver penaltys should be applied but also maybe a loss of dilithium or EC as well. As there are people like that who give us VA's a bad name and we were all new players at one time or another and they seem to have forgotten that.
Career Officer
# 23
For what its worth, the highest marks I have been awarded in Fleet Alert (Completed), and Starbase Incursion (All phases completed) came from a mixed team.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
Well said

Sir I salute you
Career Officer
# 25
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
I'm a VA and would never leave a mission no matter how low the team is or how badly they may be doing. I joined when the game went FTP and since then I have become annoyed at some of the high level players seem to think the new or lower level characters are useless and tend to beam out or leave. I believe leaver penaltys should be applied but also maybe a loss of dilithium or EC as well. As there are people like that who give us VA's a bad name and we were all new players at one time or another and they seem to have forgotten that.
I think the penalty should reflect the event... STF's = - Dilithium, Fleet Marks Missions = - Fleet Marks... I advocate them even being able to go into the negative.
Career Officer
# 26
08-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Level=/=ability.
Your post is mostly a bunch of anecdotes.

A bad player in a VA ship or with VA kit and gear still has more abilities than a bad player who has a T1 ship or a T1 kit.

You do not, in arguments of this kind, get to automatically assume that all VAs are braindead sub-human mutants and yet all L7 PUGs are miraculously some jedi-master super ninja at the keyboard.

No, you reduce all things to being equal.

All things being equal, VA equipment brings more potential (healing, damage, etc) than low level equipment, this is unarguable.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
08-08-2012, 12:19 PM
only if the VA uses it
and doesn't stand there with his head in his hands going "oh no a team of people who are only 80% as powerful as me I weep I weep"

and when did you last see a VA HEAL someone ?
Career Officer
# 28
08-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
only if the VA uses it
and doesn't stand there with his head in his hands going "oh no a team of people who are only 80% as powerful as me I weep I weep"

Last mission I was in.
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
08-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Really?
Wow

i almost never see it (but then I rarely see Science VA's)
Rihannsu
# 30
08-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
only if the VA uses it

The last time I used Triage.... which was a few months ago. I often use medical generators as Eng, but I've dicovered that actual healing powers don't work as well as you'd think.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!