Career Officer
# 101
08-09-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm going to add to the chorus of disappointment.

It's not about being ungrateful for anything you guys work on; that's not the point. We know you work hard...I have friends who are developers, and their schedules can be ridiculous at times.

The problem is in perceived value for us as players and customers. It seems that with each little bit of content release, there is an ever-decreasing value for us, and the resource/money sink part of it more blatant. From windows -> a dozen plants -> armfuls of tribbles... and that's not even getting into the EV suits or Fleet ships. I'm hoping Cryptic sees the regression. I'm in a very small casual Fleet, and I'm the most active person. For some Fleets, this Special Project is an afternoon of decision-making...for mine, it's a two week undertaking.

I understand how tough it can be for a content producer to request art or programming time, especially on a small team, but don't set a schedule of two weeks of turnaround if you can't do anything more substantial than tribbles. I could easily wait another week or two if it meant more decorations for the bar area, or an ops command center that looked like someone worked there.

Heck, if you guys decided to make it more customizable like the hideouts in Champions Online, I'd even put Zen towards that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
The choice seems easy to me; this is something almost anybody on the staff, from Jack all the way to the girl who answers the phone and signs for Fedex packages, could do in their lunch hour. Why should we have nothing new instead? If you don't like it, don't select it as your next fleet special project, and put that dil into another round of military XP or something.
I'm going to disagree on the lunch hour bit. In CoH, it would take me all of two minutes to put plants, two columns, and a smattering of display cases/screens up...and most of that time would be spent looking for them in the menus.

zen (why you make me hate my name, PW? *sigh*)
Captain
# 102
08-09-2012, 12:24 PM
200k of dilithium to get your bases infested with nothing more than furry roaches? Nah, not happening.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Lt. Commander
# 103
08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
to the person in charge of deciding what the fleet starbase featured projects should be:

ask yourself: "is this worth 200,000 dilithium?"
Career Officer
# 104
08-09-2012, 12:35 PM
The over-reusage of existing art assets doesn't justify the cost and isn't really adding anything of functional value, nor of anything of aesthetic value...not for 200k dil. No.

That said, if it was a human-sized tribble walking around, that could be worth it.
Career Officer
# 105
08-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zensutra View Post
It's not about being ungrateful for anything you guys work on; that's not the point. We know you work hard...I have friends who are developers, and their schedules can be ridiculous at times.

The problem is in perceived value for us as players and customers. It seems that with each little bit of content release, there is an ever-decreasing value for us, and the resource/money sink part of it more blatant. From windows -> a dozen plants -> armfuls of tribbles... and that's not even getting into the EV suits or Fleet ships. I'm hoping Cryptic sees the regression.
Quoted for truth.
Commander
# 106
08-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Looking forward to the next special project:
"Toiletpaper" - Limited Time, get yourself some toiletpaper for your Starbase!
(of course you need to buy a toilet via ZEN before, which is consumed on use)
Ensign
# 107
08-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Wait...this is 200,000?

they are going crazy on the prices man
Starfleet Veteran
# 108
08-09-2012, 01:45 PM
What I'd really like for these Time Limited Projects would be a short promotional video that actually showed us what we'll get out of teh project instead of a single fuzzy picture.

Also, would it be ok if we started a survey thread where people can make suggestions what we'd like on our base?
Captain
# 109
08-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
What I'd really like for these Time Limited Projects would be a short promotional video that actually showed us what we'll get out of teh project instead of a single fuzzy picture.

Also, would it be ok if we started a survey thread where people can make suggestions what we'd like on our base?
If they did that with the second one, it would have saved the fleet 200k. It seems they are going downhill with each one. Next we'll see them charge 200k for some Del Taco cups to appear on various desks. You might even see a replica of the cups that gave the shuttle at launch.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Ensign
# 110
08-09-2012, 03:24 PM
this is about as interestng as lock boxes. as a lifetime subscriber i am seriously disappointed in the added content in the game. please make stuff we care about not the stuff your developing now.