Empire Veteran
# 31
08-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Best joke ever.
Career Officer
# 32
08-08-2012, 01:03 PM
targs that wonder around the star base.... pretty cool. A few tribbles next to some dude... Unimaginative, lazy and lame
http://www.the-bums.com
Career Officer
# 33
08-08-2012, 01:03 PM
for 200k dil i expect at least a set of 10 new usable Tribbles in the breeding game and finally the release of the TARG breeding game we have been teased with again and again.
Career Officer
# 34
08-08-2012, 01:04 PM

Everything - and I do mean everything - Cryptic/PW has done in 2012 has been a cheap, low quality, low effort money grab and this is no different. Drain the dilithium from the economy, force small fleets to buy dilithium to keep up with the bigger ones.

The only shock I experience from each Cryptic/PW cheap cash grab is that there are still players who ARE shocked by this.
Career Officer
# 35
08-08-2012, 01:10 PM
I would not mind this, I am even going to get it, but I would prefer to have the option of having either the tribbles/targs only on a specific deck or in specific rooms. I would rather not have tribbles in the main operations area or in any other area I would deam them a nuisance.

As for the Targs, I'm sure the same goes for the klingon bases. I would just really like the option of saying what decorations can be placed where.
Republic Veteran
# 36
08-08-2012, 01:17 PM
To all the people complaining about the Dilithium cost: I think it's actually a good thing for the game.

Prior to this Dilithium sink, every time a new C-store item was introduced, the Dilithium Exchange would shift in favor of C-points by about 25% in the short term and 10% in the long term.

Dilithium was becoming more and more worthless every month. For most players, the daily question of "What do I do with this 8000 Dilithium I just refined?" wasn't an interesting question. You would always put it on the exchange.

Now, the trade off is far more interesting: Do I help my fleet develop our starbase, or do I trade it for Zen?

Better yet, the Dilithium exchange has become far more stable. When the Tholian lockboxes were introduced, the exchange rate barely budged. Hopefully, the same will be true when the Sovereign refit becomes available.

In any case, now that there's a sink in the game, Cryptic has more tools to stabilize the Dilithium exchange.

Is Dilithium becoming too cheap? Release more special projects or increase the dilithium cost.

Is Dilithium becoming too expensive? Slow down on the special projects, decrease the dilithium cost, or release more Z-store items.

Last edited by corgatag; 08-08-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 37
08-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericii View Post

Everything - and I do mean everything - Cryptic/PW has done in 2012 has been a cheap, low quality, low effort money grab and this is no different. Drain the dilithium from the economy, force small fleets to buy dilithium to keep up with the bigger ones.

The only shock I experience from each Cryptic/PW cheap cash grab is that there are still players who ARE shocked by this.
You are a bit slanderous. There are good and bad things on season 6. The fleet ships are the worst part of it, almost zero amount of work and a pure pay to win option. There are also good elements in it: the tholians, Nukara prime, half of the new fleet actions. At least they will remain enjoyable until the crybabies said it's too hard.

The tholians, though, are the best part of S6.
Career Officer
# 38
08-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Epic fail.
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the third Starbase Featured Project in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

Would it be possible to get full details of these special projects in advance of said project going live? Costs, benefits (if any) etc. etc.

I think a lot of fleets would like to have an oportunity to discuss weather they wish to run a project such as this one or focus on building instead. Sure, we could have those discusions after the project goes live but we need to be mindfull that the projects can only be started within a specific timeframe, and are soft deadlined by the potential of the next special project that follows.

( a poorly written post this is , but I think you get the idea)
Empire Veteran
# 40
08-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post
My fleet is thinking we might well skip this one.
Thank you!

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom