Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Quote:
Systems:

The Plasmonic Leach console can now stack up to 8 times again.
So what's up with this? Am I missing something? (Generally I do.)

Is this good news? Bad? Help! {Oh my #$%, where have I been }
Empire Veteran
# 2
08-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
So what's up with this? Am I missing something? (Generally I do.)

Is this good news? Bad? Help!
The leach console was broke, it wasn't granting extra power to the players power levels as it should have done or stacking properly.

Edit: Tracked down an older thread on it so you could see more about it: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ighlight=leach
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.

Last edited by defalus; 08-09-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-09-2012, 08:32 AM
If it works this time I suppose its good news. The thing is leech was too strong beacause 5 people could just stack it on one person. They realized this and tried to fix it by only allowing a certain number of stacks on one person.
That didnt quite work so for the, i dont know last 2 weeks or something like that leech was useless. You got 1 stack on yourself and one stack on your enemy so you had maybe a +2 power bonus and he had -2 power.
If it works now you should get a power bonus of 8 stacks again and multiple leechs on one enemy should not stack, or something like that.
Captain
# 4
08-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Ah ok, that sounds good - I think But if I want a Slurpy, I tend to go to the movies
Career Officer
# 5
08-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Fail balance.

Aytanhi of TSI, TSI fleet founder and leader OrganizedPVP channel Admin
Feel free to ask me about PVP or starship strategies. "No, I am not Borg!"
/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match
Captain
# 6
08-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aytanhi View Post
Fail balance.
What do you mean why would one console =ing 16 Purple Mk XII Engi Consoles not be balanced ? lmao
Career Officer
# 7
08-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
What do you mean why would one console =ing 16 Purple Mk XII Engi Consoles not be balanced ? lmao
Fail balance because they need to keep on changing it over and over. As long as the console isn't a crutch (Which it was a couple of weeks ago) then it should be fine.

/channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match
Captain
# 8
08-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Said this before but something like leech is always going to be problematic one way or the other, it falls into the same camp as FAW and the MACO shield proc.
Captain
# 9
08-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aytanhi View Post
Fail balance because they need to keep on changing it over and over. As long as the console isn't a crutch (Which it was a couple of weeks ago) then it should be fine.
I kid... IMO a +16 to all your power levels is a crutch and then some. The fact t hat it is still a pretty much perma -16... and a nice +32 power difference vs your target... ya even not stacking its the biggest crutch in the game... well at least if klinks aren't going to get proper ships they might as well have the uber p2w.

Really though I would love to know how Cryptic could even try to justify a perma +16 to power levels... when purple mk xii engi power units give +4... one leach really does = 16 power units.
Career Officer
# 10
08-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
well at least if klinks aren't going to get proper ships they might as well have the uber p2w.
The perfect description of all things that are wrong with STO inter-faction pvp.