Career Officer
# 101
08-12-2012, 11:33 AM
The old glow was different but I'm happy that the gears got replaced. And the reason for it is that you know which stuff can be interacted with and which is decoration.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Career Officer
# 102
08-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnbludd View Post
Actually gears replaced the glow, and the glow has now reclaimed its place from the usurper.
The glow NEVER looked like that. I wish they would jut go bacl the the originak flashing console (which worked fine fore more than a year), as this new interact prompt make it look like things are either on fire; or massively shorting themselves out.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Captain
# 103
08-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
The glow NEVER looked like that. I wish they would jut go bacl the the originak flashing console (which worked fine fore more than a year), as this new interact prompt make it look like things are either on fire; or massively shorting themselves out.
Nah, now they're just powered by fairy dust and unicorn tears. Now they didn't look very Trek Like, but I liked the gears. I just hope for some kind of LCARS reminiscent interact prompt soon.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Lieutenant
# 104
08-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Probably a dense question, but do other PW games have interacts like this?

Personally, I wish the interacts looked like before this change, but were red/blue depending on faction.
Captain
# 105
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm still having trouble figuring out which consoles I can interact with. They should put party poppers and fire extinguishers on them that are continuously discharging while rotating and blaring Dixie.
Captain
# 106
08-12-2012, 07:51 PM
I think I'm going to start wearing my EV suit all over places like Earth Space Dock. Seems like there's been several highly dangerous radiation leaks of late. Problem seems to be spreading too, I encountered it on Bajor last night. Maybe a saboteur in the Starfleet Corps of Engineers?

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
Commander
# 107
08-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
The old glow was different but I'm happy that the gears got replaced. And the reason for it is that you know which stuff can be interacted with and which is decoration.
Agreed... the gears were what I found irritating... the glow is a big improvement, IMO (I never put IMHO because my opinion may be a lot of things... but they're never humble )
*STO* Itís mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
Lt. Commander
# 108
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
It was pretty easy previously to tell the difference, now all this change does is really ruin the immersion of a game already lacking it.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Captain
# 109
08-12-2012, 08:19 PM
A simple floating icon over consoles like there already is over NPCs would be more than sufficient, for consoles for mail banking or the exchange, you don't need anything, as soon as you get close to the console a button pops up on your HUD anyway.
On ground missions anyone who doesn't know how to use the tricorder is playing the wrong game.

These interact effects are just not really needed and why there was a need to change them to their current incarnation is anyone's guess.

Just give me the option to turn the effects off and you can put a big yellow sign waving on the end of a coilspring on these objects for all I'd care.

Are these "enhancements" supposed to be an aid to players or are they a means for the developers to troll the community?
Captain
# 110
08-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praghas View Post
It was pretty easy previously to tell the difference, now all this change does is really ruin the immersion of a game already lacking it.
Duh yeah.... I agree it was very easy. I guess the flashing "Mirage" look and giant floating gears were not enough for some people. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemistid View Post
Personally, I wish the interacts looked like before this change, but were red/blue depending on faction.
Oh good god No! The KDF red UI is bad enough! We don't need it flying around!
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg