Career Officer
# 111
08-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Just be glad PWE didn't make interactables into lockboxes that you need a key to interact with.
Rihannsu
# 112
08-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Maybe y'all should, you know, get out and do something instead of obsessing with it. Go watch Twilight or something. Or maybe even run an STF, if you can handle leaving your console.
Captain
# 113
08-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Ya let's all bend over and say ah and hope that by ignoring the problem it will go away, that always works.
Lieutenant
# 114
08-13-2012, 02:39 AM
I actually prefer the new "flaming" effect to the previous "gears" effect, as I find it slightly less distracting.

That said, I'd much rather have it changed back to how it was when the game launched, never did understand why Cryptic had to change it in the first place, I mean its not like there isn't plenty of other things that need doing, without wasting time re-doing things that are working perfectly well to begin with.
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
Career Officer
# 115
08-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Release Notes Preview 16th August 2012:

Consoles:
All in-game consoles will now jump up and down and vibrate. An audible tone will be heard when near a console and if within 5 metres the words over here will flash on the screen at 72point size with a large half screen sized arrow pointing to the nearest console. We have taken this step as for some reason players are totally thick as poo and cannot locate consoles anywhere in the game. This is why 99.99% of the player base is stuck at LT2 and cannot progress. We hope you enjoy this change.
Captain
# 116
08-13-2012, 05:39 AM
Your consoles will be assimilated, resistance is futile.

Does this effect make it easier to find things - yes too easy.
Does it look fake - yes.
Does it ruin immersion - yes
Is it distracting - yes.
Does it discourage loitering around consoles in public areas - in my case yes
Does it make you want to reach for a fire extinguisher - yes
Does it make you want to reach for a party popper - yes
Does it make you think of hotdogs and roasted marshmallows - yes
Does it make you think of barbequed suckling pig - yes
Does it make you want to destroy the console to make it stop glowing - yes
Does it enhance your gameplay experience - not a snowballs chance in Gre'Thor.
Captain
# 117
08-13-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Oh good god No! The KDF red UI is bad enough! We don't need it flying around!
I think the klingon UI should be changed to a full annyoingred screen, interupted by some BoPs flying around from time to time
Career Officer
# 118
08-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Kinda silly looking...

Just give us an option to shut it off...

Then I won't care what They change it too...,

... for those who can't figure out how to play the game.

Somebody must have Forgotten that the TRICORDER,

...was created in the game just for the purpose of FINDING THINGS THAT ARE INTERACTIVE.

Funny how just about every Trek episode shows examples of this particular activity...

And of course it's not like 99% of the player base has ever seen an episode.

[/sarcasm]
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Commander
# 119
08-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Admiral's Log:

Console and closet still on fire. No word on when Engineering will arrive to fix this, but I'm getting concerned they secretly want this to continue to force me from Command.

I've received reports from the Forge, Exeter, Queller, Hermitage, and Zenith that they have multiple fires as well. The Wells lost her First Officer when he used enough extinguishing agent attempting to put out the fire in their Ready Room that it consumed all the available oxygen in the room. Xerox lost three new crewmen when they decided to jump from their window to escape the flames, forgetting they were on a starship. Orpheus seems to have suffered a loss of warp drive after the Science Officer mistook the flames for an alien lifeform and attempted to mind-meld with it. He'll probably recover, but the warp coils he burnt out on his attempt to achieve warp 400 are going to take weeks to replace, once they get the ship back to the yards.

I honestly cannot fathom what Starfleet was thinking with this last 'upgrade', but I do know it is seriously jeopardizing the readiness of my fleet, as well as the sanity of my Officers. I am still awaiting action by Command HQ on a fix, but I have to admit the flames dancing before me as I write this are not making it easy to use the terminal.

As a final note, I wish to re-state my opposition to the removal of the medical screening for pyromania in the Corps of Engineers entry exam.

End recording.

Last edited by danqueller; 08-15-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Captain
# 120
08-16-2012, 02:41 AM
If they wanted to have some overdone FX that were truer to the show, consoles should be giving off a shower of sparks and have an NPC passed out in front of them.