Commander
# 121
08-17-2012, 05:42 AM
Admiral's Log:

We hosted the Tholian Ambassador today on its trip to address the Federation Council regarding the current incidents between their Assembly and the Federation. The Ambassador was quite taken by the continuing flames from many of our consoles, and advised us to continue the good work. I didn't think a reply to the effect that we had been doing all in our power to extinquish them would go over well.

The Defiance lost her Chief Engineer yesterday. The man actually tried to throw water on the fires blazing away on the board controlling the Mains. I've received word through unofficial channels that he'd been close to a nervous breakdown as the result of Captain Escorda's constant demands that he find a way to put out these flames, so I wouldn't be surprised if the man just cracked. Will he be the first of many?

Posideon reports her attempts to beam the burning consoles into space have failed. Apparently, whatever is causing this 'effect' has bonded the quantum nuclear pattern of the affected consoles to the rest of the ship, so it was no different than the transporter trying to beam itself elsewhere. I think the results of -that- have been clearly covered in the Academy, so it's no surprise the safety systems kicked in.

Orpheus has regained minimal warp capability, though the exact method of repair has been omitted from the report. However, supply requisitions on file in the Fleet database note she was transporting an old-style steam engine for delivery to a museum on Betazed. I really don't want to know.

No word from Starfleet. Consoles still in flames, and Science Officer McKenna seems to think the effect may spread to other parts of the ship if we don't find a way to contain it. Chief Medical Officer Yur'Fi is also concerned the hypnotic effect of the fires may cause some crewmen to fall into a catatonic state, though I think she may just be fishing for more stimulants since I removed her stock of Romulan ale from the medical supplies compartment.

I can only hope my messages to Starfleet aren't being jammed by whatever this effect is.

End Recording

Last edited by danqueller; 08-17-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Commander
# 122
08-20-2012, 06:46 AM
Admiral's Log:

The situation aboard my flagship is deteriorating. With our consoles still on fire and our Chief Engineer unable to even explain what is causing it, crew morale is becoming...erratic. Today, First Officer Ratchek had to discipline seven crewmen for setting up an unauthorized gathering in the forward Damage Control Locker. They were reportedly using one of the affected consoles to roast hot dogs. Three other crewmen have been put on medical leave following reports they were heard holding conversations with the fires. No word on if they received any responses.

Other ships in the fleet are facing similar breakdowns in discipline.

Posideon has submitted a report detailing a fight that broke out among members of the MACO detatchment aboard over the use of the only unaffected data terminal in their barracks compartment. No weapons were involved, but as one of the crewmen was a Horta, that holds little comfort.

Xerox seems to have had to isolate eleven crewmen who have suffered some form of mental deterioration as a result of looking too long at enflamed duty consoles. Their compulsion to make hardcopies of the entire Starfleet Officer's Handbook, and then continue to copy the pages until the replicators ran out of materials to make toner seems inexplicable, and I agree with Commander Durik'sla's decision to sedate them until we can return to Starbase Sierra Three Nine.

Forge's sitrep concerns me more, however. The ship lost gravity when several consoles in Environmental suffered breakdowns, and the backup relays failed to engage. Crewmen in the compartment assumed it was another of the 'flaming consoles', and failed to react to an actual fire until it had progressed to the point that the master control systems were damaged. With the loss of inertial dampening, the ship has had to slow to bare minimum headway and restrict turns to avoid injury among the crew. Estimated repair time is seventeen hours, assuming no serious setbacks.

Still no word from Starfleet on my calls for assistance. Since it was the Corps of Engineers who produced this nightmare, I have expectations they will produce a repair for this 'effect' soon. However, as I feared, my Commo reports the same effect must be intefering with our subspace transmitters as the silence from HQ seems unnatural. All we can do is keep sending regular reports in hopes someone receives them and forwards them to the appropriate authorities.

I only hope we can hang on that long.

End Recording.
Career Officer
# 123
08-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Consoles still burning, this is causing serious concerns, my BOFFs won't go near them, am stranded in deep space until a patch is uploaded!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 124
08-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Just FYI.
The FX change was due to a code change made a while back, which broke the old style of FX that had been applied to clickies. Rather than revert the code change, a new type of FX had to be made, which did not rely on the object's position.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Rihannsu
# 125
08-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Just FYI.
The FX change was due to a code change made a while back, which broke the old style of FX that had been applied to clickies. Rather than revert the code change, a new type of FX had to be made, which did not rely on the object's position.
Ah, cool. You should see what it does in foundry missions where you have to interact with big objects! It's pretty!!!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 126
08-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Just FYI.
Thanks for the info, however the consoles still have the horizontal flashing line moving upwards, this is surely enough to indicate the whereabouts of interactive consoles.

The whole point of this thread is that they are unwanted and spoil the immersion of the game by adding fantasy style graphics into a Star Trek game. Please don't say that this is not revertible.

Cheers
Matt
Rihannsu
# 127
08-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Thanks for the info, however the consoles still have the horizontal flashing line moving upwards, this is surely enough to indicate the whereabouts of interactive consoles.

The whole point of this thread is that they are unwanted and spoil the immersion of the game by adding fantasy style graphics into a Star Trek game. Please don't say that this is not revertible.

Cheers
Matt
I'm not sure exactly what Tumerboy is refering to, but it may have to do with the glitch that shutdown the KDF Lore terminal.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 128
08-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Just FYI.
Any chance you could take the chimp that designed this back to the zoo?

It is about time humans started designing stuff for this game again
Community Moderator
# 129
08-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Just FYI.
Could someone break it again please? I'd like a new one
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 130
08-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Could someone break it again please? I'd like a new one
I laughed more than I should have. =)
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*