Career Officer
# 11
08-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Yeah, people on the STF channel calls the new effect "the fire".

I'm not sure why they changed it, the previous effect was well-liked, it was that interaction (gear) icon that people hated.
Rihannsu
# 12
08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I dont like it at all. i thought the previous animation was near perfect. this just looks silly.

if this is going to stay (and i hope it does not) can the 'flames' at least disappear as you get close, just like the cogs used to.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 13
08-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Just another way of dumbing down the game for new people who can't figure stuff out on their own.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Career Officer
# 14
08-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Plus, the fire extinguishers they give us in game do absolutely NOTHING on these things! What the heck?

I don't know if the room in my Starbase with the Officer of the Day is supposed to look like The Towering Inferno or a "very special episode" of The Bachelor.
Captain
# 15
08-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg247 View Post
Plus, the fire extinguishers they give us in game do absolutely NOTHING on these things! What the heck?

I don't know if the room in my Starbase with the Officer of the Day is supposed to look like The Towering Inferno or a "very special episode" of The Bachelor.
Starfleet Dental is going to love this as an excuse to run amok. >_<
# 16
08-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Great. I wonder how many man hours were wasted on this? Still can't get the UFP logo to display properly on the ship models, but they have time for this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
08-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg247 View Post

You need the "fleet" fire extinguisher, available in the lobi store, for 1000 lobi crystals.
Captain
# 18
08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilczewski View Post
You need the "fleet" fire extinguisher, available in the lobi store, for 1000 lobi crystals.
And a Fleet Fire Control Team Equipment Provision plus 3 Fire Control Team Modules from the Z-store at a mere 750z each.
# 19
08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
What boggles me was I didn't see any outcry for a change! This looks more "ASIAN MMO Glisten-Y" than the old way which was more Sci-Fi-ish....

It seems like at times Cryptic changes stuff simply for the sake of changing it. But as Azetbur once said, "...just because you can do a thing, does not mean you SHOULD do a thing..."
Career Officer
# 20
08-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
What boggles me was I didn't see any outcry for a change! This looks more "ASIAN MMO Glisten-Y" than the old way which was more Sci-Fi-ish....

It seems like at times Cryptic changes stuff simply for the sake of changing it. But as Azetbur once said, "...just because you can do a thing, does not mean you SHOULD do a thing..."
Indeed, no one was asking for this change, of all the things this game needs they focus on this? I think their priorities are in the wrong places, they certainly don't mesh with what we think are a priority.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us